I'm a want to-be-parent and I need advice

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] here! I (20) and my fiance (32) want to be parents, and I think I could be pregnant, but both times I went to the hospital to be tested, they were negative… I might have had my period 8 days before my next one started and the bleeding lasted for 6 days… right now, I’m one day late… so I don’t know what to do and I’m scared…

Thank you so much for your help and I’m sorry if I’m asking this at the wrong area…

It’s probably wisest to go to your OBGYN if you have one or become established with one to take over your preconception/pregnancy/post-partum care :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This really isn’t the place to ask for medical advice. Like @cms1512 said, it’s best to talk to an obgyn about any concerns you have about your menstrual cycle or TTC. Wishing you all the best on your journey!

I echo what the other two have said. Speak to a professional if you’re worried about your cycle or pregnancy. Also, stress could be playing a part in your period being late if you’re not pregnant.

1 Like

I would recommend taking an at home pregnancy test if you havent, if you are late foe your period they should be pretty reliable. And then if it still concerns you see a dr.

1 Like

Sounds very stressful! I agree with others that setting up an appointment with an OBGYN would be helpful. They can give you advice on when to test instead of having to go back to the hospital each time. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any pregnancy tests at home? Then you can just test at home as well instead of going to the hospital. I’d also recommend ovulation tracking kit if you aren’t already pregnant.