I'm back from yesterday-help w/ 2nd boy name!

I asked for help yesterday - thanks to all who responded, and I’m back asking for your expertise again…We’re having lots of trouble deciding on twin boy #2 name - twin boy #1 will be [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. Names which have been rejected include: [name]Theo[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Ian[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Julian[/name] (mostly by DH). All lovely names, just don’t seem quite right for us. Our last name is 3 syllables (starts w “L”), and my preference is for shorter names. (Older son’s name is [name]James[/name], nn [name]Jay[/name]).

What do you think of [name]Rhys[/name]? Are alternative spellings ([name]Reese[/name]) becoming more associated w/ girls?

I would love it if anyone could suggest multiple names/lists that fall under the category of short/classic/traditional type names. :smiley:

I think [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] are great together! They fit quite nicely with [name]James[/name], too!
I much prefer [name]Rhys[/name] to [name]Reese[/name] or [name]Reece[/name]. And yes, I think [name]Rhys[/name] is a bit more “manly”.

In case you’d like some suggestions:
[name]James[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] and…

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Levi[/name] (not sure if the alliteration would work with your last name…)
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]/ [name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]

I love [name]Rhys[/name]. Although [name]Reese[/name], etc might be used for girls sometimes, [name]Rhys[/name] never is and is totally masculine to me. I think it fits really well with [name]James[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]! Other ideas:

[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]

Good luck!