I'm Back!

Hey gals and guys!

I haven’t been on nameberry in a while - since I thought we had settled on our names - but some things have changed since then. First off, we know its a boy! yay! Second, DH finally decided to sit down and tell me what he wanted (since the due date is coming quickly!), and he wants to call the baby T.K. I actually like the whole initials for a name deal since it gives the child so many options (they could call themselves by their initials, as their parents chose to do; they could use their first name; or they could use nicknames). So, I love it, and off we go!

The K was easy. We chose [name]Keaton[/name], my great-grandmother’s maiden name. Easy & done.

Now, a second middle? I’m a Buddhist, and while I originally thought I wanted to use a family members name as the middle, I’ve decided that I want to honor something important in my life and use the name Siddhartha. Its a bit too out there for me as a first name, but with T.K. the middle’s already taken. So, could it work as a second middle? (I like two middles…so it doesn’t bother me if there’s two).

Finally, the T. After scanning many lists, we’ve narrowed it down to two choices: [name]Thatcher[/name] or [name]Theo[/name]. [name]Both[/name] we like based on sound (no family connections or even the meanings), so that’s where we’re stuck. Is [name]Thatcher[/name] too close to brother [name]Forrester[/name], though? (even if he primarily goes by T.K.?)

Ultimately, the combos:

[name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] Siddhartha Strong
[name]Theo[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] Siddhartha Strong

I know its long, but I’m a fan of long names. Sibs are [name]Sonja[/name] and [name]Forrester[/name].

Thanks so much to anyone who’s actually managed to read this far, and a double thanks if you reply :slight_smile:

[name]Rosa[/name]

I would go with [name]Thatcher[/name]. I think it sounds better with the middle names: [name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] sounds great, and while the second middle name makes it a little long; if you like it thats all that matters. I think that [name]Thatcher[/name] and [name]Forrester[/name] sound good together actually, and not too much a like. Good luck!

[quote=“esperrosa”]Hey gals and guys!

I haven’t been on nameberry in a while - since I thought we had settled on our names - but some things have changed since then. First off, we know its a boy! yay! Second, DH finally decided to sit down and tell me what he wanted (since the due date is coming quickly!), and he wants to call the baby T.K. I actually like the whole initials for a name deal since it gives the child so many options (they could call themselves by their initials, as their parents chose to do; they could use their first name; or they could use nicknames). So, I love it, and off we go!

The K was easy. We chose [name]Keaton[/name], my great-grandmother’s maiden name. Easy & done. I like [name]Keaton[/name], very handsome choice.

Now, a second middle? I’m a Buddhist, and while I originally thought I wanted to use a family members name as the middle, I’ve decided that I want to honor something important in my life and use the name Siddhartha. Its a bit too out there for me as a first name, but with T.K. the middle’s already taken. So, could it work as a second middle? (I like two middles…so it doesn’t bother me if there’s two).

I love the Siddhartha idea! Go for it I think with your style and children’s fabulous names. With a classic simple last name I think you can throw in some whimsy!

Initials would be TSK, but thats ok

Finally, the T. After scanning many lists, we’ve narrowed it down to two choices: [name]Thatcher[/name] or [name]Theo[/name]. [name]Both[/name] we like based on sound (no family connections or even the meanings), so that’s where we’re stuck. Is [name]Thatcher[/name] too close to brother [name]Forrester[/name], though? (even if he primarily goes by T.K.?)

Ultimately, the combos:

[name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] Siddhartha Strong
This is very handsome, I love [name]Thatcher[/name] but with [name]Forrester[/name], it could work but not my first choice. But personally I just prefer sibsets usually when each name has its own sound.

[name]Theo[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] Siddhartha Strong
I love this! I think it’s pretty hip in the best possible way, it reminds me of someone’s brilliant suggestion of [name]Oona[/name] [name]Sparrow[/name] for another poster’s thread. at a loss for names right now. [name]THeodore[/name] could work but I like [name]Theo[/name] for that short O ending! I’m a sucker for it! I think it’s bohemian and lovely with [name]Sonja[/name] and [name]Forrester[/name]

I know its long, but I’m a fan of long names. Sibs are [name]Sonja[/name] and [name]Forrester[/name].
[name]May[/name] I ask their middle names

Thanks so much to anyone who’s actually managed to read this far, and a double thanks if you reply :slight_smile:

It was a pleasure, can’t wait for the updates and good wishes! [name]Blair[/name][/quote

Congratulations on everything!

[name]Theo[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] is a great choice! I think that [name]Theo[/name] is a strong name, very today but still classical.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Theo[/name] [name]Keaton[/name]. Also love [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Keaton[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] there! Another vote for [name]Theo[/name]/[name]Theodore[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Rosa[/name], welcome back. I think [name]Thatcher[/name]'s alright but I really like [name]Theo[/name] with this combination. I like [name]Theodore[/name] even better so he has that option, too. I like how you’ve incorporated your family heritage, values, and nicknames into a name that sounds classy and unique. Good luck with the final decision!

theo!!!

I think [name]Theo[/name] has the better sound.

Wow! Thanks for all the responses :slight_smile:

I’m going to try to address everyone, but if I miss a comment, I’m really sorry. No harm meant.

rollo, susan, jill, merylp, teabee, & canyr12: Thanks for voting for [name]Theo[/name]! I may consider [name]Theodore[/name] (so, as some of said, he can have that option), but it sounds a bit old, dated, and grandpa-ish to me. So, I’ll think about it, but I’m probably going to stick with [name]Theo[/name] (if that’s what we choose). Thanks for your positive feedback, teabee! Its always nice when someone likes your name choice :slight_smile:

jemma: thanks for your vote for [name]Thatcher[/name]! I love names ending in -er, so I automatically gobbled this name up. And since [name]Thatch[/name] and [name]Forrest[/name] are definitely different sounds, I agree that they could work without being too matchy…DH is still a bit unsure about that, but he loves [name]Thatcher[/name] anyway.

kashed22: thanks for your detailed response! I agree about the “bit of whimsy”, which is why I like Siddhartha as a second mid. And of course you can ask their middle names :slight_smile: [name]Sonja[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Forrester[/name] Kjell. We went pretty traditional with our first two ([name]Lillian[/name] is my mother’s name and Kjell is DH’s father’s name), which is partly why I want to be a bit more ‘out there’ with T.K. since he could be our last.

Once again, thanks for replying! You guys are such a big help :slight_smile:

[name]Rosa[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Keaton[/name]…
[name]Keaton[/name] is a name [name]Ive[/name] been thinking of for my boy!