I'm naming my third boy....thoughts about WADE?

I’ve named my boys [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Grant[/name]. Now I’m stuck on the third. We like [name]Wade[/name], but are nervous about it. I’ve not heard much about the name and don’t know any babies in our area with that name (northeast). I think of it as a strong, simple, and easy name to say, but does it sound too “cowboy or even cowpoke”? What do you think when you hear the name? Thank you!

I think of wading into water, honestly! I don’t think of anything cowboy-related.

But I agree, it is simple and to the point, and it goes well with your other boys’ names.

Are there any other alternatives that you like? Is the cowboy association what most makes you nervous?

I’ve been trying to come up with other unique names, but keep coming back to some of the classics like [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Brad[/name], [name]Aaron[/name]. I don’t get excited about them like I do with [name]Wade[/name] - if I could just get comfortable with it. My nervousness comes from the image that it portrays especially since I’ve not known any boys by the name [name]Wade[/name].

I think [name]Wade[/name] goes great with [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Grant[/name]! If that’s the name you keep going back to, I’d definitely stick with it. I’ve only ever met one [name]Wade[/name], but he is in his 50’s now. Go with what you love!

I like [name]Brad[/name]. Would it be [name]Bradley[/name] or just [name]Brad[/name]? It’s more established, I suppose, and still fits with your criteria and his brothers’ names. But I understand it being less exciting.

I looked up a couple of names I liked on this website, and it gave me some insights and general things I had never thought about (new here, so if this link isn’t allowed, I apologize, someone please let me know):

Good luck!

I’m new to this site also! It would be officially be [name]Bradley[/name], but I do like [name]Brad[/name] as the nickname. Thank you for the link. Everyone’s feedback has been so helpful!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Wade[/name]! I love seeing names I love but know I will never get to use :(. I think it is handsome, cute for young boy but can easily carry him through life! The reason we will not be using it is because my husband likes [name]Edward[/name] nn [name]Ward[/name] better. But still on my list. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love [name]Wade[/name] as well. I know a [name]Wade[/name], now in his twenties, and one of his brothers is actually named [name]Grant[/name]! I always thought the names went well together.

I love your other boys’ names but I can’t get my head around [name]Wade[/name]. Can’t place why though, maybe the similarity to [name]Wayne[/name], which I am also not keen on. Sorry! I hate to sound negative but I suppose we all have preferences.

On the other hand I think [name]Aaron[/name] and [name]Brad[/name] are gorgeous (and I’ve never met a [name]Brad[/name] who wasn’t hot :wink: ) Good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Wade[/name]! It doesn’t get the DH approval so it’s a no go for me. I’d love to meet a little [name]Wade[/name] one day or a big one for that matter. I don’t think of a cowboy when I hear it. If anything it has a trendy/new [name]Cade[/name]/[name]Jaden[/name]/[name]Hayden[/name] feel with out being put in the same category. It stands out to a be classic and strong name with modern twist (my opinion of course).

Also I love [name]Evan[/name], [name]Grant[/name], and [name]Wade[/name] together.

Thank you - I appreciate the negative feedback as well as the positive. It’s all helpful.

I love [name]Wade[/name]! I’m a huge fan of “Gone with the Wind”. I’m not sure about whether he is mentioned in the movie but in [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name]‘s novel [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name] names her son “[name]Wade[/name] [name]Hampton[/name]”. I think it’s gorgeous!

I love the name [name]Wade[/name]! Maybe because an old flame of mine was named [name]Wade[/name] :wink: , but I’ve always liked the name. Doesn’t sound “cowpoke” to me at all.

I also prefer it to the other names you mentioned. [name]Brad[/name] and [name]Aaron[/name], especially, seem to have had their heyday about 25 years ago - not that I don’t like those names!

I love [name]Evan[/name] and I like [name]Grant[/name] too. I’m not crazy about [name]Wade[/name], but it’s far from awful. If it excites you and you love it then you should use it.

In case you’re not set on [name]Wade[/name], you may like:

[name]Evan[/name], [name]Grant[/name], and:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Elias[/name] (nn [name]Eli[/name])
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] (although with [name]Grant[/name], you’ve got a presidential theme…)
[name]James[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] (nn [name]Cole[/name])
[name]Reed[/name]/[name]Reid[/name] (reminds me of [name]Wade[/name])
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name])
[name]William[/name] (nn [name]Will[/name])…Popular, though
[name]Wilson[/name] (presidential issue, though…)

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Wade[/name] would make a VERY good combo and go beautifully with your other boys.

I’m also kicking around the name [name]ROMAN[/name]. [name]Roman[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. [name]How[/name] does it compare to [name]Wade[/name] [name]Michael[/name]?

I love [name]Roman[/name]! (And [name]Roman[/name] [name]Michael[/name] as a combo.) I have always liked it as it’s got something quite warm but also masculine about it.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Wade[/name]! I think it goes better with you sons names then [name]Ramon[/name]. I am not all that into [name]Ramon[/name]. But do what’s best for you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Roman[/name] and I love [name]Wade[/name]. I think that they both go nicely with [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Grant[/name] (though I think that [name]Wade[/name] might have a slight upperhand matching [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Grant[/name])- I also like [name]Michael[/name] as a middle name for both. does one or the other sound better with your last name??