I'm shocked by some people use Reid on a girl

Actually I have just met a girl name [name]Reid[/name] and I’m quite shocked.[name]How[/name] could this classical name used on a girl!I have never thought it can be a unisex name.Maybe because it’s a variation of [name]Reed[/name],which is a nature name? Does it really work?What do you think?[name]Do[/name] you know any girl [name]Reid[/name]?

I don’t know a girl named [name]Reid[/name], but it doesn’t really weird me out. I think it falls into that surname tradition (common where I’m from in the South and growing elsewhere). I think there was a [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy character with that as her last name, but everyone called her that. Maybe that’s why it feels less out there to me… I wouldn’t use it, but I don’t find myself bothered…

No,it’s the first name.That’s why I’m surprised.

After [name]Maxwell[/name] nothing surprises me.

reid is unisex

It doesn’t really surprise me. After hearing [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] on girls, nothing really phases me, lol, and [name]Reid[/name] sounds so much like [name]Reese[/name], which is used for girls quite a bit these days.

I considered [name]Reed[/name] for a girl, but much prefer it as a boys name so wouldn’t use it on a girl. I think it’s lovely.

I have it on my boys list and would never use it for a girl.