Imaginary Birth Announcements!

I’m so excited to announce that our third babe has arrived earthside. After going the entire pregnancy expecting to have our third girl, we were shocked to welcome a little boy! Clearly we aren’t very good at guessing because we’ve guessed wrong each time so far.

[name_m]Azriel[/name_m] [name_u]October[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] joins his big sisters: [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] (3.5) and [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (1.5). [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] could not be more excited to finally have Az at home with us, and we feel so incredibly lucky to have our three lovely little babes in our arms at last.

2 Likes

she’s here! we’re overjoyed to announce our first:
elodia sappho (born at dawn on tuesday 9/13)

so far we’ve been calling her lo, lola, and saffie, as well as elodia and elodia sappho because we just love her full name so much. she’s an absolute joy and the whole family is completely in love.

3 Likes

We received the best gift anyone could ask for in the form of [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Sistine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], who made her debut at 9:18 am, 6 pounds, 9 ounces.

[name_f][/name_f]

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] was named for a character who SO and I both love dearly, she is strong, and vibrant, and overall an amazing person. It is also an honor for my mom who’s middle name is [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]. [name_f]Sistine[/name_f] is a name we both love dearly, despite not being religious. The [name_f]Sistine[/name_f] [name_u]Chapel[/name_u] is a beautiful work of art, holding great significance to us. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a name I’ve always loved, and it honors both my sister and grandma named [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

[name_f][/name_f]

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u], you will be loved forevermore.

4 Likes

so happy to announce the birth of our 5th and last, georgiana evaine primrose. she arrived early yesterday morning (2:38 am) on september 22 ! she was a week late, and weighed 7lbs, 3oz.

she joins older siblings michael bedivere oleander mickey 8, christian percival forest kit 7 & philippa igraine juniper pip 4 & laurence galahad aster laurie 23 months. her older brothers have already started calling her gigi, but dh and i call her gia. she is so loved and we couldn’t be happier.

1 Like

We received the most perfect gifts anyone could ask for yesterday afternoon. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Azriel[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] made their debuts at 2:47 pm and 3:03 pm respectively. [name_f]Nola[/name_f] weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces, and was 19 inches long. [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] was 18 inches long, weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a name I have loved for as long as I can remember. It is classic, while still feeling fresh, and can be worn by a person of any age! [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] is my out-there pick. I love the dark imagery, and though I would never use it as a first name, it is such a unique middle for the more common [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] is my little grandma-ish name! I’ve always loved “old lady names” and [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] has been one of my favorites for some time now. She’s slightly stuffy for a baby’s first name, but I absolutely adore her in the middle spot! Eleanor’s name roughly (and I mean roughly) means “a compassionate sea wave who brings shining light”, which is just the perfect name for our little girl! I like to think that her name will inspire her to be kind to everyone, and bring happiness to the people around her.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is a name I’ve always seen myself using. He lends himself to quite a few nicknames (my favorite being Teddy), and I have always thought that this name is perfect. [name_m]Azriel[/name_m] is a name of a character in my favorite book series, and I’ve always loved him and his name. He’s kind and considerate, but has never once allowed people to walk all over him. The name [name_m]Azriel[/name_m] is another sort of “out-there” name, that I probably wouldn’t have used as a first, so I’m really happy I got to use it in the middle spot! [name_m]Hart[/name_m] is a part of a surname in my family, and I’ve always thought it would make such a cool name for a son! I really love how both [name_m]Hart[/name_m] and [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] are four letters, which gives the twins’ names a link! Theodore’s name roughly means “the divine gift of a helpful hero”, another thing that made me fall in love with it even more.

I love how their names correspond in meaning. When you connect the two, you get a meaning along the lines of “a divine sea wave that brings light, gifted by a helpful hero”, which to me symbolizes together the two will bring light to our lives, something we can only wish for. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] join a very excited big sister [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Amaranth[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] “Millie” (3).

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world [name_f]Nola[/name_f] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], you are loved forever and always.

2 Likes

I’m so excited to announce that our fourth babe has arrived earthside. We decided to go team green, and once again guessed wrong and were surprised with a little boy, balancing out our family!

[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] arrived last evening, at 6:07 pm, weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces. He is 18 inches long and is already such a cuddle bug!

Hawthorne’s first name was chosen early on when we decided to have another babe. We loved the sound and how the vibe matched with our other children’s names, and especially how it honors a place very significant to us. The [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] tree is a tree of magical enchantment and symbolizes love and protection in Celtic mythology, where it is one of the most sacred trees. His first middle name honors a character who means so much to me. He is from my favorite book series, which really helped me through a rough patch in my life, and holds very a special meaning. Originally we were going to choose [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] as this little boys first name, however, we find it very endearing when children are able to have their own “special letter”, and liked how [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] didn’t share a letter with one of our other kids’ names. [name_u]Reid[/name_u] is also after a character that means a lot to us. We really love how both [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] and Azriel’s second middle names are four-letters and one-syllable, which gives them a little connection to one another! Our youngest daughter, [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], has been really enthusiastic about this whole experience, and was insistent that she help us pick out her new brothers name! She came up with some lovely suggestions (Teddy, [name_m]Hank[/name_m], and Kit) along with some more out-there ones (Purple, [name_m]Jonesy[/name_m], and Toto), and though we ultimately decided to go with [name_u]Reid[/name_u], she was still able to be honored in the name as her second middle shares the same starting letter! We love how Reeds are known as a protective plant, and are said to protect against evil, and I think it goes well with the meaning of [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]! Our eldest child said she wanted to be responsible for picking out Hawthorne’s nickname, and she decided that we’d call him [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], and [name_m]Hank[/name_m], two of which are names our other daughter suggested so I think that is super sweet as well!

[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] joins his two sisters [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] (4.5) and [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (3), along with his older brother [name_m]Azriel[/name_m] [name_u]October[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] (1.5). [name_f]Ida[/name_f], [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u], and Az are thrilled to meet him, and have settled into our new normal easier than expected, and we feel so incredibly grateful to finally have all of our children at home together.

we’re excited to announce our second daughter:
cressida sybil (born in the afternoon on thursday 10/6)

baby cress joins older sister elodia sappho. we absolutely love the connection with both middle names starting with s! lola’s slightly apprehensive about the prospect of sisterhood, but she’s slowly warming up, and the parents are just smitten.

3 Likes

I am pleased to announce the birth of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], who joins older siblings [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Corrina[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

3 Likes

we are over the moon to announce the arrival of our triplets:
edith penelope nesta + matilda althea elaine + caspian bernard reid

they were born on october 28, at 30 weeks 6 days. edith and matilda were both 15 inches, while caspian was just 14. edie weighed 3 lbs 3 oz, millie weighed 3 lbs 6 oz, and cass was a wee 3 lbs 1 oz! they are in the nicu and doing as well as one could hope! when the babies ended up coming so early, we knew that their names had to be strong and full of meaning, and i really feel like we accomplished that! the names edith and matilda were chosen purely because we loved them, where caspian was a subtle nod to one of my favorite characters named cassian. penelope is after penelope garcia (whom i love), althea is after the greek titan goddess of sight and vision, theia, and bernard is after my late grandfather kenneth “bernie.” nesta is after my favorite fictional character, and an all around badass, elaine is an honor to my great-grandma ellen, and reid is after the character spencer reid. we had an agreement that if the babies were born on october 28 (spencer reid’s birthday), i’d get to use the name reid, and i’m sure dh thought it would never happen, but they certainly came, and i couldn’t be happier!

edie, millie, and kit, we love you more than anything in this world, and are so lucky to be your parents.

1 Like

Thrilled to announce the birth of our fifth and final baby, our first surprise! It’s a… boy! I’m over the moon, and we are so so in love with him. Our first little boy. :two_hearts:

His big sisters and my husband have been doting angels, as they always are when I’m pregnant/ when I’ve just had a baby. This time around, there are just so many eager hands to help. It’s been much struggle and much beauty and many tears of joy and exhaustion the past week… whew!

Without further ado, our boy is named:
[name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Edward[/name_u] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]. (One middle name honors my dad, the other honors me. One of my childhood nicknames was Hughie!) We most often call him [name_m]Geordie[/name_m]. We can’t believe we have a son! The girls can’t believe they have a brother!

Our little man is adored by his sisters: [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] (11), [name_u]Florence[/name_u] Bethy [name_f]May[/name_f] (8), [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] (5), and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Vision[/name_u] Plumfield (3).

We are complete.
[name_u]Jo[/name_u], [name_f]Flossie[/name_f], Katie-Lou, Fizzy, and [name_m]Geordie[/name_m]. :dove:

1 Like

Three has always been my lucky number, proven by our three newest additions that are just sunshine in the skins of triplets: [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
We especially loved Fizzy’s name because it is a combination of “pearl” and “lucky”, so she’s our pearl that we’re lucky to have.
We have been calling [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f], but both sets of her grandparents call her [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is by turns [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_u]Allie[/name_u]. Creative, I know.
We love these babies to bits.

1 Like

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy is here! His name took loads of thought and time to decide on, and we only formally picked it the day after he was born! Introducing [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_u]Walter[/name_u]! His name is very special to us, as it means “ruler of the powerful army.” He came to us after loss, and we love how his name is both warm and powerful! [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is a name we’ve loved forever, and [name_u]Walter[/name_u] is special as it very subtly honors a character we love dearly. We have not decided on a nickname for the little bub, but love to call him [name_m]Huck[/name_m] and [name_m]Hank[/name_m]!

Here he is!

[name_f]My[/name_f] little girl is finally here!

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] was born on [name_u]March[/name_u] 12!

Her name was very difficult to choose, despite the fact that I was sure it’d be a much simpler process due to the fact that I didn’t have a SO’s opinion to take into account (she’s a DC baby!)
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a name that I’ve liked for a long time, despite that fact, I never truly considered it for a child of mine until I read about a little girl named [name_u]Penny[/name_u], immediately after that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] popped into my mind and just would not leave it! I took it as a sign that it needed to be her name! Part of the reason I love it so much is because of the nickname “Opie,” which is a subtle honor for my Mom! I remember when I was little she always would watch the show “Sons of Anarchy,” and Opie was one of her favorite characters on it.
I chose [name_f]Olive[/name_f] for the simple reason that I love it. I think it’s super sweet that olive trees symbolize peace, friendship, and healing, all things that my little girl has brought to me!
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a name I chose to honor both my sister and grandma! I think it’s incredibly sweet, and I love how it gives her name a connection to some of the most prominent women in my life.

1 Like

He’s here. :white_heart:

Our third baby and very first son made his debut on the 1st of [name_u]December[/name_u] at 7:22AM.

His name was easiest of our three to land on, absolutely. It’s so clearly his name. Our little boy is [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], affectionately known as [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u]. :evergreen_tree:

Big sisters [name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] (6) and [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] (2) are coddling and kissing baby boy nonstop. How long it will last… we’re not sure. But so far, it’s been blissful.

[name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], and baby [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u]. A trio for the ages, complete at last!

1 Like

I’m overjoyed to announce the birth of darling twin girls, [name_f]Leora[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]. They join big sisters [name_f]Bea[/name_f] [name_u]Blaire[/name_u] (7), [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (4), [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (3), and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (1).

(ngl, I got [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] just because I was listening to [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] by [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] Bridgers as I wrote this :slight_smile: )

Our twins are finally here!

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] + [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Suki[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] were born on [name_u]March[/name_u] 4!

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is a name I’ve liked for a long time. It’s a subtle honor to one of my favorite characters, who is named [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]. We chose [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] for the simple reason that we love it. The [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] tree is the tree of enlightenment, and symbolizes life. We’ve planned on using [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] for our first son for as long as I can remember. We love it’s timelessness and the warm vibe it has.
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] is a name we love for it’s meaning and general imagery. We love its dark academia feeling, and think the meaning “prosperous in war” is beautiful. [name_f]Suki[/name_f] was also chosen simply because we love it, it’s a Japanese name meaning “beloved.” [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is also a name we’ve planned on using for one of our daughter’s for forever. We love the classic, yet still youthful feeling it has, as well as the meaning of “shining light.”
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f] joined their older sister [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] just eight days before her third birthday.

1 Like

It’s a girl! :blossom:

On the morning of the 11th, we welcomed our fourth daughter: [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] [name_m]Dickinson[/name_m]. She’s named for my love of poetry as well as in honor of childhood—mine, hers, all. As the youngest sister of four, [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] was a carefully chosen and exceptionally meaningful pick!

Our three are thrilled to meet her. [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] is her doting oldest sister, peppers her with kisses and straps her up for walks; Vis finger-knits her a new miniature scarf every few days; [name_f]Lolly[/name_f] reads aloud to her before bed and after school. The bond of little sisters is unmatchable!

Now, with our girls [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (9), [name_u]Vision[/name_u] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] (6), [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] (4), and baby [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] [name_m]Dickinson[/name_m], our family is complete. We’re honored to have you, C! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Our team green baby is here! :blueberries:

[name_u]Early[/name_u] afternoon on the 4th, we welcomed our surprise little boy: [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_u]Walter[/name_u]. He’s named for our love of art, and we adore how the color indigo is said to symbolize wisdom and intuition. [name_u]Walter[/name_u] is also a special tie to one of my favorite fictional characters!

We love how [name_u]Walter[/name_u] balances out the modern uniqueness feel of [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], a name that is not very conventional. Indigo’s name has been our front runner for all of my pregnancy, and we were absolutely delighted to find out we’d get to use it!

[name_u]Indy[/name_u] is our long awaited first baby, and we feel so honored that we will get to see him grow all these years :sparkles:

1 Like

husband and i are so excited to announce the birth of our ninth and final baby, igraine kerensa!

she was born at 11:32 pm on february 5th; she tried so hard to make it to the 6th so we would have different birthdays, but i’m so happy she is my present this year. she weighed 6 lbs 6 ozs, and was 21 inches long! she is the longest baby i’ve had, by a long shot. she is perfect in every way, and has her dad’s hair and nose.

as for her name, dh and i wanted our last little one to have a name that you could just tell was magical. i was always a lover of the matter of britain cycle, and of harry potter as a kid. dh came from a really tight-knit community in wales that actually practiced magic, so there was almost nothing to it for him. we didn’t even have to search far in fact! we already had her middle name picked out from dh’s granma (it’s an old family name) and we loved it. igraine came to us not long after that, and the rest is history!

she joins older brothers edward keneder 12, francis llewelyn 12, percival cadfael 8, and tristram galahad 3, and older sisters, rosamund yseult 10, vivienne morven 8, ginevra rosenwyn 6, and morgana gwynnever 21 months, along with a host of other family. we are so happy to have her in our family.

3 Likes

Our little team green bunny is here! :rabbit:

Late afternoon on Lunar [name_u]New[/name_u] Year, we welcomed our surprise little boy: [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]. He’s named for our love of nature, and we adore the balance between his first and middle name!

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] is quite a formal name, but is a changed to be a little more playful with [name_u]Fox[/name_u] as his middle name. Oskar’s name has been our favorite for this whole pregnancy, and we were so excited to find out we were having another boy so we’d get to use it!

[name_u]Ozzy[/name_u] is our second little boy, and his brother [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_u]Walter[/name_u] “Indy” (turning 3 in March) is so delighted to finally be a big brother :sparkles:

1 Like