Imagine the world 30 years from now. . .

You are a 30 year old woman named “[name]Isla[/name].” Tell me:

• [name]Do[/name] you think your name is unique or is it lost in the crowd?
  • What do you like best/least about your name?
  • [name]Do[/name] you like the way you spell your name, or do you wish it was slightly more unique (like Iyla or Aila)?
  • If you could go back to 2009 and vote on your name - what would you tell your mom?

As a general principle I would tell my mother to make sure that she spelt my name the traditional way, to make sure that I wouldn’t get an awful nickname, watch that the letters of my name don’t spell a word eg B.E.D. [name]Bonnie[/name] [name]Edwina[/name] [name]Dunn[/name].

Preferably choose a name that is not too unusual. [name]Don[/name]'t give me a hippy style name.

In the main stick to the tried and true names but not necessarily the most popular.

You are a 30 year old woman named “[name]Isla[/name].” Tell me:

• [name]Do[/name] you think your name is unique or is it lost in the crowd? I’ve met a few, but I probably never had another in my class. There are probably more that are a few years younger than me than my age; still not enough to bother me.
  • What do you like best/least about your name? I like the beautiful sound of it, so feminine. I also like that it makes people think of islands, which probably makes them like me more (subconsciously, of course). I also like that it works well in a professional setting. The only thing I don’t like is that the first time some people see my name, they pronounce it ees-la, and it is usually misspelled when I order a drink at Starbucks.
  • [name]Do[/name] you like the way you spell your name, or do you wish it was slightly more unique (like Iyla or Aila)? I would completely hate unique spelling, it is so much prettier the original way.
  • If you could go back to 2009 and vote on your name - what would you tell your mom? I would tell my mom to name me this for sure!