immediate reaction to Hera?

What’s your thoughts?
[name_m]How[/name_m] would you imagine a [name_f]Hera[/name_f] to be? In terms of age, appearance, personality?
What nationality or heritage would you imagine her to be of, if any?
[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce it?

And finally, do you prefer [name_f]Hera[/name_f] [name_f]Iseabail[/name_f] (ishbel) or [name_f]Hera[/name_f] [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] (aylee). Thanks!

It’s a little odd as I love mythological and interesting names, but when I see [name_f]Hera[/name_f] I am like “really?? can that be a real life name??” I don’t know whether that is just because I haven’t heard it on an actual person of what… but regardless, we all accept [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] as real usable names, so why not [name_f]Hera[/name_f]!

I think it is wearable as a child and an adult. It has a soft elegance to it; strong yet feminine. And, it’s easy to pronounce and spell.

I prefer [name_f]Hera[/name_f] [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f]. I am not a fan of [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f], but that is just personal taste. :slight_smile: From your two combos, it would be my pick.

First imperssions - I adore Greek and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] mythology and the names that come from it as you may be able to tell from my signature but I’m not particularly fond of [name_f]Hera[/name_f], partly because of the character in Greek mythology and partly because of the way it sounds (I pronounce it HEAR-a).

Age, appearance, personality, nationality etc. - nothing really springs to mind but she’d probably be English or American with dark hair, however, it could suit anyone.

I prefer [name_f]Hera[/name_f] [name_f]Iseabail[/name_f], and not just because [name_f]Iseabail[/name_f] is one of my favourite names - the -a ending in [name_f]Hera[/name_f] and the a- sound in the beginning of [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] flow into each other. [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] is a lovely name however.

[name_f]Hera[/name_f] [name_f]Iseabail[/name_f] (although the phonetics for the mn are difficult). I certainly relate it to Greek mythology, but I think it’s a sweet name! Definitely see it on a Caucasian in her early twenties. More of a blonde, but I can see it on a brunette, too! Somewhere in Western/Central Europe. (Poland, maybe? I’m American so it’s hard for me to guess at that, haha. I pronounce it HAIR-uh. It’s a sweet name- if you love it, go for it!

[name_f]Hera[/name_f]'s a difficult one for me. I think it works fine as a name, and I do kind of like it, but the goddess bugs me. Something about her screams witch with a capital b. I don’t know why, since they’re all pretty much as bad as each other, and I love other goddesses/ goddess names (inlcuding [name_f]Juno[/name_f], but maybe the film offsets it). And part of me kind of likes the feisty, bossy, can hold her own feel I get from the name.

Anyway, ignoring how torn I am about [name_f]Hera[/name_f], I think it has a slightly exotic feel to it, and I’d imagine a tall woman (of any race) with dark, curly hair and a quick temper. I only like HEAR-uh in terms of pronunciation, like [name_u]Hero[/name_u], with an A at the end. [name_f]Iseabail[/name_f] feels quite down to earth, and I think fits best with [name_f]Hera[/name_f].

Part of the appeal of Hera is that I actually don’t get a specific image or person in my head when I hear it? I can see it suiting any nationality, race, height, weight, introvert or extrovert. It seems like a very powerful but very flexible name to me.

It makes me think of Nadya Tolokonnikova’s daughter, who is called Gera (GYEH-rah, gyeh like ‘g’ then ‘yeah’), which is the Russian form of Hera. For her, it does seem an entirely logical choice.

I pronounce it HEER-a.

Hera Iseabail is my favourite of those combos.

I like [name_f]Hera[/name_f] [name_f]Iseabail[/name_f] :slight_smile: I pronounce it HEAR-A. It’s on my list too but I don’t think I’d be brave enough to use it.