In a pickle as duedate draws closer...any help would be much appreciated!!

So… whilst I feel I am significantly closer to ‘the name’ for my baby girl than I was a few months ago…(I am extremely grateful to all berries who have helped so far in the name journey) I am still in a bit of a pickle as my due date draws closer! I have three names that I adore but they each with their own little issues!! Some of you may have been privy to previous posts and the first two names may sound familiar:

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]

I [name]Adore[/name] both first names and I adore the way they sound with [name]Valentine[/name]. I would really like to use [name]Valentine[/name] in the middle as [name]Valentine[/name]’s day has special significance for this little baby and it is a name that we would probably not use if we were to be blessed with more babies in the future!!

BUT

Main issue with [name]Aurora[/name] is that I cannot find a nickname that I absolutely love and I feel that as [name]Aurora[/name] is such a mouthful she will inevitably go by some kind of nickname! Cannot fall in love with [name]Rory[/name] or alternatives (Auri, [name]Rora[/name] or even [name]Aura[/name] which would be my preference of the options). I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Aurora[/name] and think it is the most beautiful of the three but in a sense the least usable as this is a concern.

[name]Matilda[/name] I also adore and added bonus that I love the nn [name]Tillie[/name] however i’ve just discovered that [name]Matilda[/name] is in the top 20 in Australia where I live and has been for 5 years…while I’m not going to let popularity totally faze me… It definitely makes me think twice despite of how much I love the name. Having said this I think [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] (third name I love will also climb in popularity!)

[name]Eloise[/name] also adore, and while it’s not as whimsical as [name]Aurora[/name], unlike [name]Aurora[/name] I am spoiled for choice in terms of nn’s I [name]Love[/name] ([name]Lulu[/name], lula, lola, lolly, [name]Elsie[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] and even [name]Louie[/name] :slight_smile: and so it just feels more usable…my main struggle has been finding a middle name for [name]Eloise[/name]. As I mentioned above would love to use [name]Valentine[/name] due to special significance for this baby but I’m not sure [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] flows as well as [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]? what do you think?

Have also considered
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

and while I’m reluctant to use three names:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
(unfortunately all three names have 3 syllables which is a major naming faux pas hey!)

Other combos I considered with or with out [name]Valentine[/name] (my snese is that perhas three names is too much)

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Luna[/name] ([name]Valentine[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] ([name]Valentine[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clover[/name] ([name]Valentine[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] ([name]Valentine[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Calypso[/name] ([name]Valentine[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] ([name]Valentine[/name])

Can anyone HELP with this pickle?! What are your thoughts? and also please feel free to play around and mix and match with [name]Eloise[/name] combos! Any help would be really appreciated!

I adore [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] & [name]Eloise[/name] and if someday you were to ever have three daughters the names would be absolutely perfect together!

I adore [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Valentine[/name], have you considered [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]?

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] is stunning and would be my favourite of the other options!

[name]How[/name] about…
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] Victoriea
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]

I think [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] stylistically fits better than [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Valentine[/name], but you could always consider [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] as a second option or for a second daughter? I have fallen in love with this combo and think it is perfect!

In terms of nicknames for [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] - this is a little bit of a stretch but it could work - take the A from [name]Aurora[/name] and the first two letters of the middle name [name]Valentina[/name] and you have [name]Ava[/name], what do you think? If people take intials like AJ, TJ, I don’t see why you couldn’t use [name]Ava[/name]?!

[name]Don[/name]'t know if this will help any but the only [name]Aurora[/name] I’ve ever known (we were in high school together) never went by a nickname. She just went by [name]Aurora[/name] and it was never a problem so if you really love [name]Aurora[/name], I would just use it and not worry about having a nickname.

I think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] would be absolutely gorgeous! I don’t mind that they are all 3 syllables because of the difference in stress of the names: [name]EloISe[/name] [name]AuROra[/name] [name]VALentine[/name]. I think it’s a great compromise between the names you love too. And [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] would make such a nice sibset, should that be the case. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I’m a fan of all your names, as well as the [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] suggestion.

I love [name]Aurora[/name], I think it’s gorgeous. [name]Aurora[/name] is the only one I’d use [name]Valentine[/name] with though, even though I think [name]Valentine[/name] in the middle is precious. .

The other two choices for me come down to [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]. I love the idea of using [name]Lulu[/name] for [name]Eloise[/name] but I think I love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] just a tad more. But it’s close. So basically for me:

1. [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
  2. [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]

I hope this helps, because I see your dilemma. Three very pretty options.

I love the [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] suggestion!

In my opinion the middle name [name]Valentine[/name] is so classy I think two middle names would overdo it, [name]Eloise[/name] is such an incredible name and I am crazy about [name]Lulu[/name]! But the best is [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Valentine[/name], it rings, it is the perfect fit in my view! best of luck!

I like all three very much. It sounds like you love [name]Aurora[/name] most, and I agree that she could likely get by without a nickname. However, FWIW, I think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] sounds lovely. [name]True[/name], [name]Valentine[/name] may flow a bit better with [name]Aurora[/name], but I think it definitely works with [name]Eloise[/name] without adding a second middle.

Oh keep [name]Valentine[/name] in the middle, so cute for a February baby. I know a couple girls with [name]Valentina[/name] in the middle and a boy with [name]Valentine[/name] (male name in my culture, but I do think it’s quite unisex in most regions)

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] (-teena) actually sounds nicer than [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] in my opinion though.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] is my favorite of your names.

I know how you feel about Aurora! I feel the same about Felicity, I absolutely love it (probably my favorite name!) but it’s just a bit too long for everyday use (for me anyway… I like short names) and I don’t like any of the nicknames at all! Personally, I think it’s best to leave a name like that in the middle, where it can stay all beautiful in its full form :slight_smile:

I love Matilda Valentine & Eloise Aurora, or Eloise Aurora Valentine & Matilda ___ ___ as possible sisters. I totally agree with svea about Eloise Aurora Valentine, it has a really nice flow because each name stresses a different syllable… and Eloise (Lulu) & Matilda (Tillie) are so perfect together!!

Oh berries I love you! Thank you thank you! I’ve gone from feeling hopless and frustrated to elated once more about naming my baby! Thank goodness I have this forum as everyone else in my life thinks I’ve lost the plot in the naming process and don’t understand why it’s such a big deal b:) ut I just figure this may be the only little girl I have and whist I love to have more I want to have absolutely no regrets or doubts about the name I choose (I do think [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] would make a particularly cute sibset…love [name]Tilly[/name] and [name]LuLu[/name] :slight_smile: So thank you!

So…I am seriously considering [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] ([name]Lulu[/name])….my initial feeling was that this name flowed well but the logic of having three 3 syllable names threw me so it was good to get some feedback round this! @ strixoniro and sheflieswithherownwings thank you for your creative [name]Aurora[/name] nn suggestions I have considered everything from [name]Dawn[/name] to [name]Goldie[/name] to [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Avy[/name] to [name]Leni[/name] and tiny for [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] but it just seems to make more sense to perhaps just use a name with a nn I love upfront to avoid confusion and put the beautiful [name]Aurora[/name] in the middle as [name]Julia[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] suggested.

I also completely agree with those who suggested [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] flows better…I do love the name [name]Valentina[/name] and actually had it as a fn possibility early on but I just love [name]Valentine[/name] in the middle as it feels more fun and spunky…[name]Valentina[/name] is food for thought though!

Anyone esle have thoughts on [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]?

thank you again for your help thus far…its helped alot!

I love:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Elise[/name]/[name]Elyse[/name]

[name]Aurora[/name] seems to be the name you love the most, so my vote goes to [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]. What about [name]Avie[/name] or [name]Ava[/name]? There’s always the possibility your daughter won’t want a nickname. It would be a shame to pass up a name you love because you can’t think of a nickname. Her nickname, if she has one, may not even be related to her name.

I vote for [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]. A name doesn’t have to have a nn…or you can call her something completely unrelated to her name but everyone else can call her by her name (my daughter has the nn [name]Bear[/name]…no relation to her name).