In need of a name for my lovely daughter

I just found out that I am having not only one lovely girl, but two. We’ve already decided on the name [name]Violet[/name] [name]Marx[/name] for the one daughter, and my husband and I are pretty set on the name [name]Clementine[/name] for the other, but we have yet to come up with a middle name. I’ve also tossed around the idea of [name]Lilith[/name], [name]Eliot[/name], Lua or [name]Astrid[/name] as first names, but I wondered what they would sound like w/ [name]Clementine[/name].

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Eliot[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] Lua
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Astrid[/name]

We also have a one yr. old boy named [name]Bjorn[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]. Any ideas?

First off, [name]Violet[/name] [name]Marx[/name] is great and so is your son’s name! [name]Bjorn[/name] is one of my favorite names.
My favorite is [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lilith[/name].
I think the whole story of [name]Lilith[/name] adds a little darkness to it too.

[name]Just[/name] curious about how you happened to pick the mn [name]Marx[/name] for your first little girl? Is [name]Marx[/name] a family name, or are you fans of [name]Karl[/name] [name]Marx[/name], or for some other reason? It’s quite unusual. In order to pick a mn for your 2nd daughter, I think it would help to understand the reasons behind [name]Marx[/name]. Then we could look for names that fit in with those reasons. (EG if [name]Marx[/name] is a family name, then I would suggest also giving your 2nd daughter a family name as a mn …) I hope that makes sense.

By the way, I love [name]Violet[/name] & [name]Clementine[/name].

The names of my children all hold a special significance. [name]Bjorn[/name] came from a friend of mine who lives in [name]Sweden[/name]. and [name]Isaac[/name] was my husband’s grandfather’s name. [name]Violet[/name] is my favorite flower, and [name]Marx[/name] is the name of a poet I had met years ago when I was traveling throughout Europe. [name]Clementine[/name] came from my mother, who had grown up on an orange grove, but she died a year ago.

I do understand the resemblance to [name]Karl[/name] [name]Marx[/name] with the mn, but it also makes me think of Groucho [name]Marx[/name].

[name]Hi[/name], Knowing that each name you choose has a special meaning, but that these meanings don’t necessarily follow any pattern (eg, they’re not all family names) makes it a bit difficult for me to advise you. You seem to have wonderfully personal but also whimsical reasons for choosing your children’s names. I guess my one piece of advice is to ask if you have any other special memory from that trip to Europe that might lead to a mn for your 2nd daughter? Or another name that would connect to your mother? Or another name that reflects something you love (your favorite tree or place, for example)? Or another friend or family member you’d like to honor in some way?

Good luck.

I love [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name]! :slight_smile: (Are you pronouncing [name]Clementine[/name] with an “ine” ending or an “een” ending?)

From your list, I most like the flow of [name]Clementine[/name] Lua. I love [name]Lilith[/name], but something about the flow with [name]Clementine[/name] seems a bit off to me. Hmm…

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Bess[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (very Southern, though)
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] (especially if you use the -een pronunciation)
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (very Southern, though)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Riley[/name] If you want a boyish middle name
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Margot[/name]/[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

[quote=“rassy”]I just found out that I am having not only one lovely girl, but two. We’ve already decided on the name [name]Violet[/name] [name]Marx[/name] for the one daughter, and my husband and I are pretty set on the name [name]Clementine[/name] for the other, but we have yet to come up with a middle name. I’ve also tossed around the idea of [name]Lilith[/name], [name]Eliot[/name], Lua or [name]Astrid[/name] as first names, but I wondered what they would sound like w/ [name]Clementine[/name].

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Marx[/name] is pretty and unusual!
I think of Groucho, [name]Harpo[/name], and [name]Chico[/name] [name]Marx[/name] when I hear the name [name]Marx[/name]. [name]Love[/name] those [name]Marx[/name] brothers!

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Eliot[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] Lua - this is my favorite on your list. Also thought of [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lula[/name] or [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lulah[/name]. I love the softness of this middle name with the more complicated [name]Clementine[/name].
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Astrid[/name]

We also have a one yr. old boy named [name]Bjorn[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Bjorn[/name] [name]Isaac[/name], too!

I second deridr advice on possibly giving violet a middle name after a different European memory. When I see marx i think [name]Karl[/name] marx. I love violet and [name]Clementine[/name]. All your [name]Clementine[/name] options are very nice.