Indecisive and baby girl is due in 5 weeks: Adriana or Clara?

See the results of this poll: Clara or Adriana

Respondents: 60 (This poll is closed)

• Clara : 39 (65%)
  • Adriana: 21 (35%)

Congratulations! [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is beautiful as well as the family connection. Some MN suggestions:

[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] Carice (a rare Dutch name meaning “love” pronounced Cah-[name_u]REESE[/name_u])

Thank you for weighing in and for the beautiful middle name suggestion!

So I like [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] better but at the same time I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] goes better with her siblings.
Have you considered [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]? It would be a nod to [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] but fit in better with [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] in my opinion.

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is also a very common first name on my Mom’s side. Hadn’t really considered it though…thanks for the suggestion!

I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! [name_f]Cece[/name_f], [name_f]Coco[/name_f], [name_f]Clary[/name_f] or [name_u]Ari[/name_u] for nn?

ooh, I love [name_f]Cece[/name_f] and [name_u]Ari[/name_u]! Thanks for weighing in (yet again). I promise no more [name_f]Clara[/name_f] posts after this! LOL.

I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] flows better with [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u], and I absolutely adore [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_m]Jones[/name_m]”!
I like the suggestion of [name_u]Ari[/name_u], and [name_u]Ara[/name_u] could also be a sweet nickname!

In general, I don’t find reusing the name [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] odd at all, my step-family has a similar tradition of passing down a middle name, but I do find it a little weird using the name for both daughters, especially in different spots. Knowing your other daughter already has [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] in the middle spot kinda throws me off liking it in your 2nd daughter’s first name spot. That may just be me though!

I agree with previous poster I would not use [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] if her sister had it as her middle name. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] would work well, but I actually prefer [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I like that the three names all begin with soft vowel sounds and I think the name flows better than [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. It is more difficult to say, because the end of the first name and the beginning of the middle name are both short vowel sounds. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this is helpful. Good luck with your decision.

I was going to vote for [name_f]Adriana[/name_f], however, upon reading that you’ve already used the name for [name_f]Elise[/name_f], I ultimately prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Also, I think that [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_f]Elise[/name_f] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f] mesh better together stylistically too, which is nice.

I see you enjoy the idea of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], and as it is also a family name…how about using that as a middle for [name_f]Clara[/name_f], giving both girls that family name in the middle - [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is lovely.

I was going to vote for [name_f]Adriana[/name_f], but as it’s already [name_f]Elise[/name_f]'s middle name, I really think you should steer clear of it.

(As a side note, if you chose [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], you’d be getting yourself into a similar situation; [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is a [name_m]French[/name_m] form of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], so you’d still have one daughter with a name very similar to her sister’s middle.)

I truly love both names. I don’t think it’s that much of a problem that you’ve already used it for your daughter’s middle, it shows what an important name it is to you. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you end up going with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] I would suggest using [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] as the middle anyway - it means both your daughters get the special name passed down through the family. Actually I think I prefer that idea, everyone has their own first name but you and your daughters share a meaningful middle :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! I feel like if [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is already your first daughter’s middle name, you’ve sort of already used it! I think you could use it again as a middle, but not a first.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] without all the back story, I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! I also think it fits with siblings names better. I have [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] as a potential combo on my list, with the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Adria[/name_u]. That way you can have a nod to [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] with her sister.

I agree with previous poster that [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is a bit close to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] if you are concerned with sharing names

Okay. So, this is my experience. Use the name you really want to use, and if you aren’t 100% sure, it’s a safe bet you won’t regret a family name. I must say I wished I used a family name for one of my girls, instead of a name that didn’t hold much significance. I do regret that. I also wanted to use my older daughters middle name, and didn’t for the reasons people are saying above. In retrospect, I easily could have and all those worries would be pretty insignificant. No one has ever asked about their middle names and once they’re older, all these baby naming things we obsess over are really no longer important. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my opinion :slight_smile:

Having said all that, I would choose [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] :slight_smile:

On a separate note, I’m curious, is [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] a common Dutch name? [name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce it?

[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is of latin/Spanish origin (I believe). It’s a version of “[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]” in Dutch and is pronounced “[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]-aan-a”. I’m finding it tough not to obsess over what to name our little one. It’s so much harder for us this time around. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] with [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is beautiful, but I probably wouldn’t use it if it’s [name_f]Elise[/name_f]'s middle name. I would use [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and try to find another middle name to use.

Or, since you don’t seem to mind the repetition, you could always use [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] as the middle. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is pretty, and meaningful.

I’d say [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] as it has personal meaning, but if you do go with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] some potential nicknames could be:

[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Ara[/name_u]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]

Of course, if you prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] to [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] just go with that - it’s not like nicknames are absolutely necessary, they’re just something some people prefer. Good luck!