Indiana as a girls name

we are about to have our first in a few weeks and we still havent decided on a name. We both agree that [name]Indiana[/name] is a great name but I want other options. dad doesnt like most of the names i like ([name]Lilah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], madeline) I guess my concern with [name]Indiana[/name] is that she will grow up having to hear people compare her to harrison ford her whole life. so… opinions? other name suggestions? thanks!

I love [name]Indiana[/name]! I think [name]Indi[/name] is a super cute nickname. Yes, there might be [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Ford[/name] comparisons, but really, there’s worse people to be compared to!

If you want to be a bit different, you may consider [name]Indigo[/name], [name]India[/name], or just plain [name]Indi[/name]/Indhi :slight_smile:

I like it but wouldn’t use it. I don’t think it is girly enough for a girl. I would love to see an [name]India[/name] or the more unusual but very lovely Indali.

I know a little girl named [name]Indiana[/name] and I think it’s fine for a girl. Her last name is [name]Johnson[/name] so you can’t help but think of [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Ford[/name] with her!

I like the nickname [name]Indie[/name], but I worry about names like [name]India[/name] and [name]Indiana[/name] being too tied to the places (or [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Ford[/name]) to use. I tend to not like place names or other noun names, though, so maybe it’s just me. I like [name]Indira[/name] best as a full name- it’s familiar to Westerners because of [name]Indira[/name] Gandhi, but I don’t think it’s too tied to her to prevent its use.

I agree with [name]Daisy[/name]. I think [name]Indira[/name] is a great name and would be wonderful to honour such a strong woman.

I like [name]Indiana[/name] better than [name]India[/name]. [name]Indiana[/name] just seems like a more neutral choice imo(and that’s a good thing). Plus [name]Indiana[/name] has great nn potential there with [name]Indie[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Dina[/name], [name]Dee[/name], [name]Dia[/name], [name]Ina[/name], and more!