Ingrid for a German girl?

I am [name]German[/name], Native American, and Irish. I love the name [name]Ingrid[/name], but it is mostly Swedish. The origin I believe is Scandinavian, or Norse, and I was wondering if [name]Ingrid[/name] could still work as a way to honor by [name]German[/name] heritage, even though the origin is not [name]German[/name]?

I think it is used in Germany, but I’m not sure how common it is?

So what does everybody think?

Thanks!

http://www.nordicnames.de/Aussprache.html

This website has how to pronounce common [name]German[/name] names and [name]Ingrid[/name] is included. Also, what’s also helpful is that it lists how old someone is with that name. I’m guessing it was more popular several generations ago since it says the common age for [name]Ingrid[/name] is 60+

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

I thought [name]Ingrid[/name] was a [name]German[/name] name … anyways, I think it’s a great name :slight_smile: As far as [name]German[/name] names go, I love [name]Brigitte[/name]/[name]Bridget[/name]/etc <3 But anyways, use Ingrid, it’s gorgeous! :smiley:

I don’t see a problem with this at all. There are so many things in common between [name]German[/name] and Scandinavian languages and cultures, so why not? :slight_smile:

I love [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Sabine[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Gretchen[/name]/[name]Greta[/name] for [name]German[/name] sounding names!