Initials BJ ok? Like the name Beatrice Jane

My husband is worried about sexual connotation of BJ. Last name starts with H.

I wouldn’t do it. B is a hard letter to match with. I would avoid M names as well. Here are some other ideas…

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Adele[/name]

Then maybe [name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]? [name]Jane[/name] is a family name on both sides but we don’t want to call her that on a daily basis… We would still use [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Bea[/name].

I like the combo [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Beatrice[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name), but won’t use it for the same reason your husband gave.

Thanks poptart, for the new mn ideas – I’m totally crushing on [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Adele[/name] now!

Then maybe [name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]? [name]Jane[/name] is a family name on both sides but we don’t want to call her that on a daily basis… We would still use [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Bea[/name].

Totally fine, in my opinion. I feel like the instance for a girl to use her first name and middle name initials is very minimal, if at all. I think that BJH is fine. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] better than [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. And I don’t think that having the initals BJ is a problem, other than being a boyish nickname that your daughter might use when she’s older.

Honestly as long as it’s not your last name starting with a J I think it’s fine. How often will she use just BJ as her initials without adding on the H? I would say almost never. Most of the time if she needs initials for something she would probably just use BH. I like Beatrice Jane a lot, more than Jane Beatrice!

I knew a [name]Barbara[/name] [name]Jean[/name] in highschool and she was made fun of and talked about behind her back. She had those initials and was popular with the boys, so the other girls didn’t like her, naturally.

My initial reaction is NO. My husbands initials are BJ (from his first and middle name) and he was teased as a kid and even now after 11 year together I still would prefer to call him my his formal first name.

That being said boys might be worse teasing another boy?? I don’t know.

If you love [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Jane[/name], perhaps you could pop in another middle name to split up the offending initials?

Also I do not know about where you live, but here there seems to be a trend of giving a child a first, middle and last name and calling the child the middle name or the nickname from the middle name. ie. [name]George[/name] [name]Charles[/name] XXXXX and calling him [name]Charlie[/name].

We unintentionally gave our son the initial BJJM so if he goes by his first and middle he’s BJ (a terrible mistake in my opinion) and if he goes by his first and last he’s BM (not as bad I hope, but only time will tell). It has made us very careful of using his middle name (except for when we were first announcing his birth we have avoided it all together). We still love all his names (the middles are family names) individually, but together we fear he will be teased if his piers ever learn his middle name. If you can I would recommend finding a different middle name or adding a second middle to separate them. If not be prepared to avoid use of her middle name through most of her life - if your okay with that (we have decided to be) - great. Despite the initials I do think [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] goes very nicely together.

maybe use a variation of [name]Jane[/name] that doesn’t begin with J? Such as:
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Giovanna[/name]

Or 2 middle names?
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] [name]Jane[/name] H___

As long as [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] isn’t a double barrel first name, I don’t think its an issue. [name]How[/name] would other kids learn her middle name? I never went around asking my peers to tell me their middle initial…and I doubt any one else does either. [name]Do[/name] people often ask YOU for your middle name? Her initials would be BH or BJH not BJ alone. I really don’t think it is an issue.

I went to high school with a girl named [name]Billie[/name] [name]Jo[/name]. She always went by B.J., and no one ever made jokes about it, or really thought about it at all. She was very popular (homecoming queen and prom queen), as well.

It is absolutely ok!! I’ve known two boys for 15 years who are [name]Jr[/name].'s who have gone by their initials BJ and I can’t recall ever hearing them get teased for it. Most of the time we us our first and last name intitials or all three letters together, it’s very rare that we use our first and middle alone for anything.

Please don’t give her the initials BJ. It will only take one kid noticing. I went to elementary school with a girl named [name]Bobbie[/name] [name]Jae[/name] (??). [name]Even[/name] though she just went by [name]Bobbie[/name], the kids always called her B*^$ J$%. And stupid me, at age 10, thought that was a reference to her hairdo and called her that in front of a teacher!

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] is the name of my 3rd daughter. I’m obviously a fan of this combination!

As a 14 year old, all I can say is yes, teasing will ensue. It’s sad because [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is a lovely combo. [name]Even[/name] though it’s BJH, I can tell you that all the teen boys I know would have a field day with that one once they got wind of it.

I would avoid it if possible. I think [name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] is lovely and calling her by her middle name is pretty fun!

I think there is a possibility for teasing, sadly. I was teased as a child for my name - I think kids can be very creative with names and it is likely someone will pick up on the ‘BJ’ connection.

I would add in a short extra middle name, so that you could keep both [name]Beatrice[/name] & [name]Jane[/name].

eg.

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Nova[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Good luck!
[name]Petra[/name]