Initials - WC a no no?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

We adore the name [name]Walter[/name] for a boy, but our surname begins with a C… so his initials would be WC. [name]Do[/name] you think that is something people would notice or kids would tease him about? [name]Do[/name] you think adding in a middle name would help?

Thanks for your advice

I’m so confused as to why W.C. are bad initials.

Ahh, it must be a british thing! WC stands for Water Closet, an old fashioned name for the toilet! Maybe I am asking in the wrong place. :lol:

[name]Winston[/name] [name]Churchill[/name]. :slight_smile:

I know he had more names in there, most people don’t say the others and I don’t hear much grief over his initials. If you have a middle name which isn’t another W or a C, it probably won’t be an issue. And it’s definitely only a british thing- in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name] some of us get the WC reference but to most the initials wouldn’t be an issue.

If you love the name go for it. If it’s going to bug you and you have a middle name or two in mind, just use the full monogram.

Thanks [name]Jen[/name], I can’t believe I never thought of [name]Winston[/name] [name]Churchill[/name]!