Inspiration for a name to go with Gabriel

[name]Hi[/name]
This is my first post! I’m expecting a little girl in 6 weeks and already have a son called [name]Gabriel[/name]. I like classic names but nothing pretentious. I’m looking for inspiration! Middle name will be a family name from my side of the family…
Thanks in anticipation xx

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry, and congratulations! What are some names that you like, to give us an idea of your style? Here are some ideas:

[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Rosalyn[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] thanks for the welcome! We love [name]Hannah[/name] but don’t think we can use it for family reasons :frowning: I quite like [name]Elizabeth[/name] but not sure if I love it. Really like [name]Victoria[/name] but I hate [name]Vicky[/name] so wouldn’t use it!
It’s so difficult. I really want a name I love not just like! Help :slight_smile:

[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Marcy[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]

I’d recommend going with something very feminine. I’ve heard Gabriel used on a girl as well, so something without doubt girly would be a good choice.

I also love the name Victoria but hate Vicky. I’ve heard of Rory as a nickname for Victoria and I think that is adorable. Others that might work:

Lydia
Amelia
Margaret (nn Daisy)
Charlotte
Clara
Annabelle
Eleanor
Cecily
Abigail

I should say I’m in the uk. [name]Gabriel[/name] raised a few eyebrows. It’s not popular here at all. We call him [name]Gabe[/name].

If you like [name]Victoria[/name], you may like:
[name]Vienna[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

If you like [name]Elizabeth[/name], you may like:
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
Elsabet
[name]Lilibet[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name] “[name]Eppie[/name]”

If you like [name]Hannah[/name], you may like:
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Jenna[/name]
[name]Brenna[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Hallie[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]

I’m also in the UK…I’m also looking for a classic, but unusual nane. [name]How[/name] about any of the following:
[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Heloise[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Hebe[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Hester[/name]
[name]Merryn[/name]

Hm, I’m getting a very feminine, fairly classic, possibly biblical vibe from your style. You may like:
[name]Ariana[/name] - My brother in law is named [name]Gabriel[/name] and if my DH would have been a girl, he would have been [name]Ariana[/name]. I also feel like it has a similar feel as [name]Victoria[/name]?
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]/[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]/[name]Noemi[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]/[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]

Thanks everyone! I really like [name]Naomi[/name] but hubby is not sure. [name]Ariana[/name] is a good friends baby name and I would never steal it from her. Very pretty though.
Going to play around with [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Heloise[/name] for a few days and see how they feel.
If anyone has any further suggestions please throw them out there! :slight_smile:

Quite fond of [name]Georgiana[/name] pronounced Jorjayna, the old English way. She would probably spend her life correctly everyone wouldn’t she?

[name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Georgina[/name] would be quite a pair, but I think they work well together (although maybe a lot of correcting on pronunciation). What about using a variant of [name]Elizabeth[/name]-- [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Bettina[/name]? I think both of these go great with [name]Gabriel[/name]. Although not absolute, I think another 3-syllable name works best.

Some other suggestions:

[name]Gabriel[/name]/[name]Gabe[/name] and

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Pamela[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Sybilla[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Viveca[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] just wanted to let you know our little lady arrived a fortnight ago safe and well.

As soon as hubby saw her he said she’s an [name]Elizabeth[/name] which is what we named her. It suits her perfectly!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions xx