Inspired Character Names

They can be famous people, people that you know, animals, inanimate objects…

disclaimer - none of these are anyone’s actual full name

Some of mine!

Elizabeth Anna Shen (myself)
Christian James Morrison (my cousin)
Caleb Josiah Matthews (also my cousin, same guy…)
Amanda Brianne Johnson (a little girl at church)
Maya Anna Reddu (a family friend)
Hannah Abigail, Joanna Rebekah, & Isabela Maria Martinez (three sisters I know)
Esme Marie Thorton (someone from my flute ensemble)
Ashley Eileen Li (someone else from my flute ensemble)
Sydney Marie Swenson (the daughter of my dad’s friend)
Madeleine Claire Fournier (the French pastries)
Helena Lily Zhang (sorta embarrassing, but my brother was playing an online game, and a cow named Helena popped up…)

putting this here because I'm embarrassed lol

When I was in middle school, I was OBSESSED with gymnastics, so as a result, I just had to name some characters after gymnasts :flushed:. You might need to look them up, just to see what I mean…

Soooooo:

I have a Simone Alyne Syndul partially named after Simone Biles, whose full name is Simone Arianne.

I have a Jordan Elizabeth Brooks named after Jordan Chiles, whose middle names are Lucella and Elizabeth

I have a Jade Ashleigh Cormen named after Jade Carey, whose middle name is Ashtyn. The thing with that was that I made her a gymnast too…

And lastly, I have a Ashlyn Jade Brooks, also named after Jade Carey. I think with Jordan and Ashlyn’s names I might’ve taken too much inspiration from my favorite gymnasts lol.

note and disclaimer - none of my stories will ever be published. I would never publish a story using someone else’s name. If I did, I would check all copyrights and get the proper authorization

-I know this won’t at all be a positive inspiration, but I’ve one very minor character named [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_m]Williamson[/name_m] who’s vaguely inspired by [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_m]Peterson[/name_m] (if you don’t know who he is, then you’re better off) in terms of appearance and aesthetics only. [name_m]Scott[/name_m] W. is actually a nice, hardworking middle-class man trying to provide for his three kids and has zero personality traits in common with [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_m]Peterson[/name_m].

-On a lighter note, I’ve a character named [name_f]Chelsea[/name_f] [name_m]Templeton[/name_m] who’s inspired by [name_f]Regina[/name_f] [name_m]George[/name_m]. Likewise, one of her two closest friends, [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] McCoy, is inspired by [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] Wieners.

-I’ve also a teacher character named [name_m]Gale[/name_m] Springborn who’s inspired by my 3rd grade teacher, who was named Mrs. [name_m]Hale[/name_m] (Gale? [name_m]Hale[/name_m]? Geddit?).

-I’ve another character named [name_m]Clayton[/name_m] Castleberry, who’s essentially the genderbent version of a snobby girl named [name_f]Celia[/name_f] I once knew from elementary to middle school. Another character inspired by [name_f]Celia[/name_f] is a girl named [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] “Becky” [name_m]Davidson[/name_m], yet she’s not nearly as insufferable as [name_f]Celia[/name_f] was.

-Lorelei [name_m]Atkinson[/name_m], who takes upon the appearance and athletic nature of my elementary school crush named [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] (in case you’re wondering, none of my protagonists romance [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] in any way; I’m not that much of a self-insert).

-Kahliyah [name_f]Neveah[/name_f] Minton, whose appearance, personality and unique name is inspired by another middle school friend of mine.

-Abigail “Abby” [name_m]Kirkpatrick[/name_m], whose name and appearance is inspired by a girl in my class named [name_f]Abigail[/name_f].

-Maxwell “Max” Porterfield, who’s inspired by a redneck former classmate of mine named [name_m]Jacob[/name_m].

-Gary Hakansson, whose surname is derived from the surname of [name_m]James[/name_m] “Jimmy” [name_m]Byron[/name_m] Haakenson (again, if you don’t know who he is, you’re better off. But, if you do decide to google him, discretion is advised).

-Vivica Hopkins, whose forename is derived from [name_f]Vivica[/name_f] A. [name_m]Fox[/name_m]. They’ve nothing else in common aside from that, though.

-Rosetta Churchwell, whose forename I discovered through the existence of the [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] [name_m]Stone[/name_m].

-Brynhildur “Birdie” [name_f]Maria[/name_f] Einarsdottir is inspired both in appearance and personality by [name_f]Sonia[/name_f] Nevermind from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.

-Harper [name_f]Annamarie[/name_f] Mortenson shares some common tendencies with [name_f]Kyoko[/name_f] Kirigiri from Danganronpa: [name_m]Trigger[/name_m] [name_f]Happy[/name_f] [name_m]Havoc[/name_m].

-Valentina “Tina” [name_f]Diane[/name_f] [name_f]Bell[/name_f], whose forename is the genderbent version of a character named [name_m]Valentino[/name_m] from Hazbin Hotel. [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] is inspired in demeanor and personality by [name_m]Alastor[/name_m], also from the same property.

-Lily [name_m]Lambert[/name_m], whose name is inspired by [name_f]Lily[/name_f] Longsocks, a background character from [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Little[/name_m] Pony: Friendship is [name_m]Magic[/name_m].

-Speaking of [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Little[/name_m] Pony, I’ve got other characters in this category: [name_f]Pepper[/name_f] Pierangela [name_f]Mayberry[/name_f] is inspired by [name_f]Pinkie[/name_f] Pie and [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Briallen[/name_f] Yearwood is inspired by Fluttershy. Additionally, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] McCaffrey is vaguely based off of Applejack.

1 Like

So basically I play this rhythm game called Project [name_m]Sekai[/name_m] and my favorite band is [name_f]Vivid[/name_f] Bad Squad, each of my 4 main characters took some inspiration from the band members:

[name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f] [name_m]Malloy[/name_m]: [name_m]Akito[/name_m] Shinonome (and me tbh). He’s named after one of my favorite singer/songwriters [name_m]Dave[/name_m] [name_m]Malloy[/name_m].

[name_f]Caprise[/name_f] [name_m]Rosewood[/name_m]: [name_f]An[/name_f] Shiraishi

[name_m]Ornette[/name_m] [name_f]Darling[/name_f]: Kohane Azusawa

[name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] [name_f]Nightingale[/name_f]: [name_f]Toya[/name_f] Aoyagi

[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] [name_f]Bell[/name_f]: NPC from Project [name_m]Sekai[/name_m] (Arata Tono) as well as a character from another band (Tsukasa Tenma). Named after [name_f]Gelsey[/name_f] [name_f]Bell[/name_f] (was in a few of [name_m]Dave[/name_m] Malloy’s works)

[name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f] and [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] are especially different from their inspirations personality wise, [name_f]Caprise[/name_f] is much more of a Stepford Smiler than [name_f]An[/name_f], and [name_m]Ornette[/name_m] just kinda has a different vibe post-character arc than Kohane.

1 Like

Well starting on a darker note the original version of my antagonist Dux [name_f]Via[/name_f] was unintentionally similar to a really manipulate narcissistic psychopath i used to know then i changed the character design a lot because i thought i might just kill him (i was seriously considering torturing him to death or something) if i didn’t and i needed an antagonist so here we are with a non trama triggering character who actually turned out way better then the original

Anyways…on a much lighter note i like to put a tiny bit of myself in each of my characters some of the quantities are a bit sad such as with [name_m]Quincy[/name_m] or Aconito but that makes it all the easier to write accurately and hey free therapy

Anyways based on more specific people aside from myself Paris’s name is a reference to the famous play romeo and juliet in this story however paris is juliet and his romeo doesn’t die and has to live on without him after his death cause he is a vampire

I cant think of anymore direct ties to specific characters but Edwin’s race is borrowed from a series i liked reading i cant remember the name though ill add it here if i remember

1 Like