Interesting Connection!

So, I know that DotsMom has named her children - [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name] (is this correct?) - after characters in children’s literature and movies, and I met a family who had done the same thing the other day!

I was at an after-school program and worked with twin girls, [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. The girls went by [name]Ali[/name] and [name]Elle[/name]. When their mom, [name]Cate[/name], came to pick them up, I asked them how they got their names, and she said [name]Alice[/name] was for [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland and [name]Eloise[/name] was for [name]Eloise[/name] at the Plaza (their full names are [name]Alice[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], for their grandmother and mother, respectively). [name]Ali[/name] and [name]Elle[/name]'s younger brother, [name]Pete[/name], was also there, and his name comes from [name]Peter[/name] Rabbit (his full name is [name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], after his dad’s middle name)! Well, it turns out their mother is expecting again, and I can’t wait to see what she names the baby - if I ever meet them again!

[name]Just[/name] thought the connection was interesting, and peculiar! Best wishes, everyone! :slight_smile:

I named my son [name]Peter[/name] after the character [name]Peter[/name] in [name]Narnia[/name] and [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name]. My daughter [name]Laura[/name] is named after [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name] as far as I’m concerned.

If I had had more kids, maybe I would have named them after [name]Tommy[/name] ([name]Thomas[/name]) and [name]Annika[/name] in [name]Pippi[/name] Longstocking.

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] is so adorable!

Oh, [name]Susan[/name], I love [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name]! And, isn’t [name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] just the cutest? I want to steal that name! :slight_smile:

Oh, [name]Susan[/name], I love [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name]! And, isn’t [name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] just the cutest? I want to steal that name! :-)[/quote]

Go ahead and steal [name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]. I would. Who would ever know?

Oh, [name]Susan[/name], I love [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name]! And, isn’t [name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] just the cutest? I want to steal that name! :-)[/quote]

Go ahead and steal [name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]. I would. Who would ever know?[/quote]

LOL! I’m with you! [name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] is classic, no one could blame you. Besides, I KNOW I’ve read one of my top girl’s combos on some list somewhere… shhhh!

Haha! Okay! But, I have a brother named [name]Benjamin[/name] - is that weird or cute?

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] is absolutely adorable! And I love how you named your son [name]Peter[/name] after [name]Peter[/name] Pevensie/[name]Pan[/name], [name]Susan[/name]!

Whenever I have kids, I’m naming them after literary characters-- [name]Henry[/name] (The Time [name]Traveler[/name]'s Wife) Albus (Dumbledore!), [name]Lucy[/name] (Pevensie) [name]Ginevra[/name] ([name]Ginny[/name] Weasley)…And I really love [name]Alice[/name] for Wonderland + the character from Twilight. She’s such a kick!

I love, love, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland. And I love [name]Prince[/name] [name]Philip[/name] from Sleeping Beauty. Has anyone ever read children’s books by E. [name]Nesbit[/name] or [name]Edward[/name] Eager? Their characters have amazing names like [name]Roger[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name]. The [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name] books have all kinds of great names in them. I love Cousin [name]Charlie[/name] and Cousin [name]Peter[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Laura[/name]'s sister [name]Carrie[/name] ([name]Caroline[/name]). [name]Love[/name] the dog [name]Jack[/name] and the cat [name]Susan[/name]. [name]Even[/name] the horses have great names, but I can’t remember what they are.