Interesting reasons to explain opposition to a name choice.

My husband won’t let me name a daughter [name]Raquel[/name] because he says “everyone will look at her boobs”. He remembers looking at pics of [name]Raquel[/name] [name]Welch[/name] with his friends as a teenager.
I respond with something like, “But [name]Racquel[/name] [name]Welch[/name] is a beautiful, classic Hollywood icon and we don’t know any other Raquels!”
Doesn’t matter. His mind is made up.

Most of the time when he vetos a name he won’t give a reason. I wanna know why a name is vetoed.
His answer is usually “[name]Just[/name] don’t like it.”
I ask “But WHY don’t you like it?”
“I dunno, just don’t.”

That’s what’s so great about this site. Since my hubby won’t partake in the endless obsession over names and analyze each and every one of them with me, I can do it with complete strangers! I take comfort in knowing I’m not the only one who does this. Thanks, y’all!

Hey abeezee,

I’m not suggesting that you use this argument to persuade your husband into “[name]Raquel[/name]” compliance but…
I highly doubt that very many teenagers today know who [name]Raquel[/name] [name]Welch[/name] is! Much less when your daughter is one!

I don’t think that reminding someone of his age is an effective negotiating technique. I’m just saying…
:slight_smile:

Fugitive

This is such a great idea, thank you for starting it!! It gave me some some much needed laughs since my husband and I can’t agree on any names lately! Here are a few of our latest conversations:

Me: what about [name]Max[/name]?
Him: its a dog’s name
Me: well, not so much anymore
Him: come here [name]Max[/name], here boy!

Me: I love the name [name]Oliver[/name]
Him: cat name
Me: get off the animal thing will you
Him: when you stop suggesting animal names I will

Me: what about [name]Caleb[/name]?
Him: it doesn’t sound like a name
Me: what???
Him: it sounds like a noise you make when you’re trying to get something out of the back of your throat
Me: you have got to be kidding me

Me: what do you think of [name]Chase[/name]
Him: [name]Chase[/name] is not a name, its a verb…you want to name our son a verb??

Me: I love the name [name]Miles[/name]
Him: I knew a dorky kid name [name]Miles[/name] once…no way
Me: its so handsome, try to pretend you never knew any other [name]Miles[/name]…
Him: Ok…
Me: Ok, so if you had never met a [name]Miles[/name] before, would you like the name?
Him: Umm…pretty sure if we named him [name]Miles[/name] he would come out of the womb with glasses and a calculator.

LOL!

You all make me feel sooo much better :slight_smile: [name]Glad[/name] all hubby’s are the same :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

One of the couple’s we’re friends with is expecting and she was talking about basically the same thing. She said she liked “[name]Camden[/name]”, his response… “No, If I went to school with a [name]Camden[/name] I’d beat him up” LOL…what? She then suggested “[name]Nolan[/name]” which was a No as well. Apparently all of her favorite names are “sissy names” I’m very interested to see what they end up with :slight_smile: :slight_smile: