"international" double names

See the results of this poll: Which international double name do you like best?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Anna-Sofia : 23 (32%)
  • Sara-Lucia : 9 (12%)
  • Ella-Maria : 4 (5%)
  • Cara-Elisa : 2 (3%)
  • Emma-Clara : 1 (1%)
  • Eva-Maria : 8 (11%)
  • Maria-Elena : 4 (5%)
  • Anna-Lucia : 14 (19%)
  • Sara-Elena : 4 (5%)
  • Anna-Elisa: 4 (5%)

A double name I once considered was [name]Emily[/name]-[name]Fleur[/name]. I also liked [name]Emily[/name]-[name]Autumn[/name] (was I going through an [name]Emily[/name] phase at the time???) and [name]Ida[/name]-[name]Maria[/name]. I like them with the hyphen. Without the hyphen, it kind of starts to look like those kree8tyv spelling names (I know a KaeyLah…)

Of the ones you chose, I like these combos:

[name]Sofia[/name]-[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]-[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]-[name]Lucia[/name]
Ella-Maria

Can be used without the hyphen without looking funny

Annabella
Annamaria
Elisabella (possibly. It is kind of made up, but could be an alternative to Isabella)

I think Elisabella is legit, however I think it would probably get confused with [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Elisabetta[/name] a lot. My fiancé has aunts named [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Annelisa[/name] or [name]Annalisa[/name] and [name]Elisabetta[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] their names and would love to use them as a possible middle name one day!

I like [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Eva[/name]-[name]Maria[/name] :slight_smile:

Another question. By combining these names into compound names, do they sound silly, too long, more unique, refreshing, or none or the above? Personally, if I met someone named [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sofia[/name], I would remember it and have a better impression than someone just named [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sofia[/name]. Opinions?

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] was a character on Lost who was “hated”…but I’m a big Lost fan :slight_smile:
I think I prefer [name]Sara[/name]-[name]Elena[/name] from your list

I like [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Elisa[/name], but spelled [name]Annalisa[/name] or [name]Annelisa[/name].

I really love [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Lucia[/name] from your list.
[name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Lucia[/name]? loo-CHEE-uh or loo-SEE-uh or LOO-shuh? I definitely prefer the loo-CHEE-uh pronunciation. [name]Eva[/name]-[name]Maria[/name] is also very pretty!

[name]How[/name] about;
[name]Lila[/name]-[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]-[name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]-[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Annabella[/name] {this works as a name on its own, without the hyphen AND space}
[name]Clara[/name]-[name]Bella[/name]

I think I prefer them with the hyphen. I think they start to look a little odd if they’re spelled LilaSofia, for example. I don’t like the two capitals, thus preferring them with the hyphen.

I love [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sofia[/name]! I think [name]Ella[/name]-[name]Maria[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Lucia[/name] are very pretty, as well. I love the idea of using [name]Emma[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Cara[/name], or [name]Sara[/name], but I’m not sure about the combinations you have listed.

I recently discovered a family name, [name]Anna[/name] [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and I think [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Clara[/name] would be such a sweet double-name! [name]Just[/name] another idea. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

My fiancé is Italian, so we would be using the Italian loo-CHEE-uh for [name]Lucia[/name].

[name]Anna[/name], [name]Sara[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] seem to be very popular in [name]Italy[/name] right now, while names like [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Elisabetta[/name] are not (at least for babies). I love [name]Annelisa[/name], and would love to use as a middle one day. [name]Do[/name] you think by creating a double name with these very popular choices, makes it a little more unique?

Ashthedreamer-

I love the idea of using [name]Anna[/name], [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name]. We plan on having 2-3 children, and since I’m a planner, I like to make sure I have several optional names in the future that will go with the one I choose, to make sure they all “work together”. I think I like [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sofia[/name] as one and would really like to use a combo with [name]Lucia[/name] as another. What other combos could you recommend with the names I listed? (or other similar names I haven’t thought of)

[name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sofia[/name] ([name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Elisabetta[/name])
____-[name]Lucia[/name] ([name]Isabella[/name], [name]Elisabetta[/name] or [name]Annelisa[/name])
_- ([name]Isabella[/name], [name]Elisabetta[/name], or [name]Annelisa[/name])

Hmm… Perhaps using those as middle names is just too much??