Iris? Is it going to be extremely popular?

Wdyt of [name_f]Iris[/name_f]? Is it going to sound overdone in a few years? Destined to be in the top 50?

Thoughts?
[name_f]TIA[/name_f] :slight_smile:

It’s ranked at #138 I can see it getting more popular, but not in the top 50. I see it a lot on her but I’ve never meet anyone with the name.

I think these types of things are hard to predict now. I know two little girls named [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. It’s one of my favorite names.

It is very difficult to predict popularity but it is a pretty name so I would guess that it will become more popular but if it is the one you love, I think that is more important than discarding it for a less-loved name. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is lovely!

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is fairly popular but I agree with lauren.ley that it won’t crack the top 50, at least not in a time frame that would affect a baby born in the next year or two (or three.) So not excessively popular. It would be unlikely for [name_f]Iris[/name_f] to have another [name_f]Iris[/name_f] in class. She may meet one on the playground or a couple around school, but it won’t be everywhere the way say [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is.

It’s a name you hear a lot on here but I don’t think that translates to real life yet. In saying that, whilst it isn’t in the top 100 here (Australia) I can see it potentially coming into it in the next few years… maybe. I know one [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and considered it for my daughter. It’s a beautiful name! I think it’s kind of like [name_f]Margot[/name_f]: popular on here and definitely on the rise but not actually widely used. Not yet at least!

The UK stats tend to be a reasonable guide in my experience, and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is already in the bottom half of the Top 100 over here, and rising. I don’t think it’s conventionally “pretty” enough to reach Top 10, but I can see it reaching the 50-60 level in a few years. Likewise, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] just entered the Too 100 over here and is rising fast!