Iris

Would like to know what peoples opinions are on the name [name]Iris[/name]. I really like the combination [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and i think it has a good ring to it!

I love [name]Iris[/name] but not with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. The “ris” in [name]Iris[/name] and the “liz” in [name]Elizabeth[/name] sound awkward together imo. But that is just my own opinion. I wonder what the other posters think.

I think it sounds really pretty! It’s a unique combination, but not in a bad way at all! I like the ring to it, too!

any other names that would go well with [name]Iris[/name]? would be lovely to hear what others would suggest as a combination!

I love [name]Iris[/name]! It’s my middle name. :slight_smile:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is nice, but the flow could be better.

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Maribelle[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Marina[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Milena[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]

If you like [name]Elizabeth[/name], how about:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]

Or some other classic, pretty names:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emily[/name]/[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

I love [name]Iris[/name] by the way! I think it’s a beautiful name.

I love the name [name]Iris[/name]. I think [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds fine. [name]How[/name] about:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] (my favourite)
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

I love [name]Iris[/name], too!

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Oops! I saw that [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] were already suggested. :slight_smile: I think they’re beautiful with [name]Iris[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is gorgeous (maybe spelled [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]? just a suggestion!) and I also really like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Maribelle[/name], and [name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]- all beautiful! :slight_smile: i think it depends on your last name and what feels right for you- if [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] feels right than go with that! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] does have a ring to it also. Most of the time people will not say her full name and have to worry that it rhymes. It is not that hard to say - the [name]El[/name] sound breaks it up so it’s a little sing-songy but not a tongue-twister. [name]Iris[/name] [name]Lisbeth[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Teresa[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] <---- those are tongue-twisters.

I think [name]Iris[/name] works well with 3-4-syllable names with the stress on the 2nd syllable. [name]Amanda[/name], [name]Patricia[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name]. (just examples, not really all suggestions). Most names work with the oft-chosen 2-syllable names with the stress on the 2nd syllable, like [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Louise[/name].

[name]Iris[/name] does not work well with middle names with the stress on the 1st syllable unless it is the only syllable or has more than 3 syllables:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] are meh. Compare with: [name]Iris[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]. Those flow much better, long as you watch your Rs and S sounds.

Of course there are exceptions: [name]Iris[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is excellent. Others suggested were also very good. Like I said at the beginning though - the middle name won’t be spoken too often. The most important thing is for [name]Iris[/name] to sound ok with the last name.

[name]Iris[/name] is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love [name]Iris[/name]! She was the [name]Goddess[/name] of Rainbows and there’s a song called [name]Iris[/name] by the Goo Goo Dolls which is nice and then obviously the flowers.

I’m not sure on [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a combo, sounds a bit vowel-heavy to me. Maybe another middle name to separate them? I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the perfect length though to balance out the short [name]Iris[/name] so maybe other longer middle names? I would also avoid other flower names as that could turn into too much of a theme for one name, that’s just my opinion though.

Like other people have said though, if [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds right to you then go for it, they’re both beautiful names:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love [name]Iris[/name] for all the reasons [name]Charlie[/name] stated. I love so many of the suggested middle names too.

I love [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! There was a time that I was playing around with [name]Iris[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Lilac[/name]. I think I had several combinations like [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]. I think looking back, [name]Iris[/name] is cooler in the fn place.

[name]Iris[/name] is beautiful. It’s right up at the top of my list with the combo’s [name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] Aur”lie. I also love [name]Iris[/name] [name]Valencia[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Alexandria[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] [name]Viviana[/name].