Is Adelie too nickname-y?

I like it because of the Adélie penguin. Is it too nickname-like? [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is a little too popular for me right now. Any other long form ideas?

1 Like

It kinda feels like [name_f]Addie[/name_f] with an extra syllable to me, but it is a legit name. Some other ideas are [name_f]Adelheid[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeliza[/name_f]. [name_f]Adelheid[/name_f] is the original form of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like it! It’s sweet.

My only thought, It kinda sounds like [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], you might get people asking to repeat it for spelling

1 Like

Adelie is sweet, and works fine on its own, imo. [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] was my first thought for a longer name.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Adeliza[/name_f] but the mn would be [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], so [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too nickname-y. If it were a little shorter, along the lines of [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], I would say yes, but since it is longer, no.

1 Like

I don’t dislike the sound, but the spelling this way looks a little nickname-y. You can accomplish the same sound with just [name_f]Adele[/name_f], or I prefer [name_f]Adela[/name_f].

1 Like

I don’t think so. It sounds complete to me.

1 Like

I think it’s lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Adelie is pretty and elegant. I don’t think it’s too nicknamey

1 Like

For me Yes