Is Banks a boy or girl name?

Hi there my husband recently told me he liked the name [name_u]Banks[/name_u]. I’m not sure if i like it better for a boy or girl. what do you think?

Personally I prefer it on a boy, but it fits in with the current trend of names like that on girls (such as [name_u]Collins[/name_u])

I think unisex but it will probably lean girl at some point.
I think it’s cute. :blush:

It reads boy to me, despite the fact that [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] [name_u]Duff[/name_u] used it for her daughter. That felt like a boy-name-on-girl kind of choice, like [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] Kutscher and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] Kunis’ [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] or [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively and [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Reynolds[/name_u]’ [name_u]James[/name_u].

Banks gives me similar cool, preppy, woodsy vibes as names like [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] and [name_m]Wells[/name_m] for a boy. Plus the connection with Banksy makes it feel a little bit artsy too.

I feel like it works well for either!

It’s unisex but I prefer it on a boy.

It definitely reads masculine to me.

Definitely feels masculine to me; the -s ending just doesn’t feel feminine at all.

I can see it both ways. I think I immediately thought girl because of [name_f]Tyra[/name_f] [name_u]Banks[/name_u], but I also think boy because its so similar to [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]. Hmmm. [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_u]Banks[/name_u] would be a sweet sister combo!

I think it’s very handsome for a boy. I can’t really imagine it on a girl

Equally unisex for me. I can see it on a girl and a boy, I feel like it’s a surname name that works well on a girl or a boy

I like it on both, prefer it a bit more on girl.

It feels more masculine to me.

I love it for either!

I prefer it on a boy but think it’s cute on a girl as well!

It’s solidly unisex to me; I prefer it on a boy, but it’s nice on a girl as well!

I think of it as more of a girl’s name because of the singer.

1 Like

Perfectly in the middle for me. I think of the female singer but I also think it would be really cool on a boy!

Sounds more masculine to me but I’ve heard it on girls too

It feels more masculine to me but could work perfectly well on a girl