Is Bea too much if a sibling's name starting with B?

I love the name [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (Bee) and some of the boys names I love begin with B. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that siblings names [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and B___ is too much since [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is the starting letter of the other name?

It may depend on a particular name in question, but in general I would think not.

I would think it’d be okay with most B names. Something like [name_m]Beau[/name_m] or [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] wouldn’t work well with [name_f]Bea[/name_f], but names like [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Bradley[/name_m], [name_m]Blake[/name_m], [name_m]Brayden[/name_m], Brooks…I’m not seeing anything wrong with them next to [name_f]Bea[/name_f].

Thank you!

I don’t think so - no difference really to using to B_ names in general

(Unless the B_ name is like, [name_m]Beau[/name_m], [name_m]Bo[/name_m] or [name_m]Boone[/name_m] which would feel a bit matchy)

I would have the instinct to call the B_ sibling “B” as a nickname so it wouldn’t work for me but it doesn’t sound like that would be an issue for you. it’s not ideal but I don’t think it’s a reason to drop [name_f]Bea[/name_f], especially if this is just a hypothetical!

I pronounce [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as bee-uh. In that case, it would not be a problem. However, with the bee pronounciation, I would be careful about using [name_f]Bea[/name_f] with other B names. I would avoid names starting with Be- or Bi-.

For me, it depends on if the sibling’s name has an intuitive nickname! So something like Benjamin is fine, because I would call him Ben or Benji for short. But with something like Bruno or Blake I’d use B as a nickname, and then it’s too close to Bea!

1 Like

I feel like it is too close, especially if the other names don’t have intuitive nicknames. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad’s name is [name_m]Brian[/name_m] and he gets called B much of the time.

I say [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as “BEH-ah”. So for me it is fine.