Is Brynn/Brynna too trendy?

I know that I have been stuck on the name [name]Quinn[/name] for a while, but it has been so hard for me to find a MN that doesn’t turn [name]Quinn[/name] into [name]Queen[/name]. I decided to take a step back from the Q name & see what else I could find. That is when I stumbled upon [name]Brynn[/name].

Although, I say that I stumbled upon the name, I may be using the wrong choice word. [name]Every[/name] time I have seen the name [name]Brynn[/name] I compliment it & just move on. I have a bad association with the name [name]Brinn[/name] and I think that is why up until now I haven’t considered it for our little snow bunny in [name]December[/name].

I put the name [name]Brynn[/name] in a name poll (different site) & it wasn’t responded to as well as I had hoped (we all want compliments on how beautiful our baby name is, right :)) So I decided to twist it. I twisted it a couple of ways (adding “ly” - changing the “y” to an “i” - dropping an “n”) & that is when I landed on [name]Brynna[/name].

Is [name]Brynna[/name] a pretty name or a trendy name? Should I stick with plain [name]Brynn[/name]? Should I drop [name]Brynn[/name]/[name]Brynna[/name] because it is just plain awful? (Please tell me if it a horrible name so I don’t get anymore attached to it. lol I am already loving it more than my first choice, [name]Quinn[/name]) Please ladies you are the experts & I thoroughly enjoy reading your responses on other threads. Hopefully I can get some helpful feed back as well =)

Siblings:
[name]Riley[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]

Last name:
Helmick

I’ll be honest, I can’t see the appeal of [name]Bryn[/name]/[name]Brynn[/name] on a girl. It’s 100% boy where I live and the equivalent of [name]Rupert[/name] or [name]Albert[/name]. [name]Brynn[/name] for a girl is trendy for me because it following the whole ‘boys-names-on-girls’ trend at the moment.

[name]Brynna[/name]/[name]Bryna[/name] however is actually a longstanding feminine Welsh version of [name]Bryn[/name]/[name]Brynmor[/name]. In that sense it is not trendy in the least because women had this name a century ago – it’s rare but it’s not a ‘new fad’.

I think it’s lovely. Not only does t have the cool Celtic vibe going for it, it’s uncommon, yet in the same vein as familiar names like [name]Brenna[/name], and the -a ending makes it sound classy. It also has the flexibility of using [name]Bryn[/name] as a nickname.

Thank you so much for your opinion & advice. I really have regret when it comes to my daughter’s name, [name]Riley[/name]. It became very trendy & I wasn’t prepared for that. (Although, I probably should have been) I do not want to make the same mistake & have namers remorse twice.
Also, [name]Do[/name] you think that if I use the name [name]Brynna[/name] that it may “outshine” the names [name]Riley[/name] & [name]Lucas[/name]? The reason I ask this is because my close friend said that she thought that the name [name]Brynna[/name] would stand out more than my other two childrens’ names.

Thank you again =)

Beginning my MN list for [name]Brynn[/name]/[name]Brynna[/name]

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] (don’t think [name]Penelope[/name] rings well with [name]Brynna[/name] though)

[name]Glad[/name] to help :slight_smile:

I would say [name]Brynn[/name] is already trendy and runs the risk of becoming uber-trendy.
I can see what your friend means but actually I don’t think it’s a problem. [name]Brynna[/name] is similar to both the trendy [name]Brynn[/name] and the familiar [name]Brenna[/name] to make it less ‘weird and exotic’ in your sibset but still have an individual edge.
As I said before, you could always use [name]Brynn[/name] as a nickname. It’s better imo to have a longer name with potential for nicknames, than a short name that you can’t do much with. It’s Celtic routes also compliment [name]Riley[/name] well.

I actually like [name]Brynna[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[quote=“elea”]

[name]Glad[/name] to help :slight_smile:

I would say [name]Brynn[/name] is already trendy and runs the risk of becoming uber-trendy.
I can see what your friend means but actually I don’t think it’s a problem. [name]Brynna[/name] is similar to both the trendy [name]Brynn[/name] and the familiar [name]Brenna[/name] to make it less ‘weird and exotic’ in your sibset but still have an individual edge.
As I said before, you could always use [name]Brynn[/name] as a nickname. It’s better imo to have a longer name with potential for nicknames, than a short name that you can’t do much with. It’s Celtic routes also compliment [name]Riley[/name] well.

I actually like [name]Brynna[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name][/quote]

Thank you again! You make some great points!!!
[name]Just[/name] adding from your MN’s … and two others I have thought of =)

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] (?)
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Lucile[/name]

I think all your combo choices work well except:

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] – too abrupt sounding. Also a lot of ‘k’ sound with your surname.
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] – Too much ‘n’ sounds. Makes a ‘nuh nuh’ sound. (My name is [name]Eleanor[/name] and my surname begins with N so I have this problem)

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Brynna[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] would be my picks.

I also like that [name]Brynna[/name] is two syllables like [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name]. But I’m obsessive like that :slight_smile:

From the suggestions I like:

Also, if you are afraid of [name]Brynna[/name] outshining your other childrens’ names, then why not try [name]Brenna[/name]? It is almost the same but I think it goes better with your other kids.

Ahhhhhh! Didn’t even cross my mind about [name]Nicole[/name] & Helmick giving off too much ‘K’ sound! thanks for pointing that out!

So I have again added more MN to my lists lol …

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

I actually ran [name]Brenna[/name] past my husband & it was immediately vetoed. :frowning: He actually would rather keep it just [name]Brynn[/name], I’m the one pushing for [name]Brynna[/name].

Thanks for your MN vote! I appreciate it!!! (more than you know lol)

I named my daughter [name]Brenna[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Its very similar to [name]Bryn/name/[name]Brynna[/name] which I like as well.

I am right there with you I [name]Love[/name] [name]Brynn[/name] and [name]Brynna[/name]
it is pretty,it grows well on people and to me it is all girl
[name]Brynn[/name] Elizaeth
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Adele[/name]

I love the name [name]Brynna[/name], but I’d spell it [name]Brenna[/name]. But I don’t think it is too trendy. I really like it. And [name]Brynn[/name] is a cute nn.

I love the name [name]Brynn[/name], and find it pretty and soft. I like [name]Brynna[/name], too. [name]Just[/name] like you, I considered the name [name]Quinn[/name] for my daughter, but couldn’t get past the “[name]Queen[/name]” sound when I spoke it out loud with my middle name choices. Although [name]Brynn[/name] is used as a boy’s name in [name]Wales[/name], it rings very feminine to American ears. It is modern, but not uber-trendy, and it ages well. I think either [name]Brynn[/name] or [name]Brynna[/name] would work with your other children’s names and particularly love:

Best of luck to you!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone for the feed back!!! I am still looking for classic middle names! sigh Where is [name]Jill[/name]? She always gets me inspired heehee (not saying that you all don’t … she is just a name wizard =)

A name that I’ve loved for a while that my fianc” can’t handle is [name]Bryony[/name]. It’s different, and I think it may have less of a chance of becoming trendy like [name]Brynn/name. I personally love [name]Quinn[/name], and think it fits best with [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name], but I don’t want to lose focus.

I think I prefer [name]Brynn[/name] just because I feel like every trendy girl name ends in A these days and it doesn’t really add anything to the name. There are few times I suggest a nickname instead of a fuller name, but this is one of those times.

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Zoe[/name]

LOL I suggested [name]Bryony[/name] NN [name]Brynn[/name] to my husband & is reply was - Brawny Paper Towels? Thank you for your input, the more the better.

[name]Zoe/name is on my husbands short list. I tried pairing it with [name]Brynn[/name], but thought it sounded too … I don’t know, not trendy - something though that I can’t put my finger on (maybe it just didn’t flow???) . However, since you mention it I would like to know what others think…

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] Helmick

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Amalia[/name] (?)

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

is [name]Brynna[/name] pronounced as “B-rin-ah” or “B-rye-nah”??

My name is actually [name]Brynna[/name].
I was the fifth child, and my parents wanted something a little different.
The name sounds like it should be popular but actually is not. I have yet to come upon another [name]Brynna[/name]. There have been a couple Brennas though.
I like the name. Many people call me just by [name]Brynna[/name] or [name]Bryn[/name] or even Brynnie [name]Babe[/name].
The only down side i have come across with having this name is that people mis pronounce it saying [name]Brianna[/name].

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (mine)