Is Cosmo having a moment?

Earlier this month the Life with Beans crew grew by two, [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], and a few days ago, another YouTuber, [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] McNeely, announced the birth of her first child, [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u].

Do we consider this coincidence or could [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] be trending?

3 Likes

I think it could definitely trend!! It’s the right mixture of ‘out-there and cool’ in the way that [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] (which have seen trends amongst influencers) are. But it’s still quite familiar sounding and not too different for people.

But I can’t see it sky-rocketting up the charts. It’s probably more likely that it will just be heard more amongst social media influencers and celebrities etc.

3 Likes

I feel like [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] kind of fits with a lot of trends right now (boy names ending in -o, space names, quirky names), so I could definitely see this one gaining a little bit more popularity. Though, I don’t see it ever getting super popular.
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is incredible! :heart_eyes:

Love [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] :heart_eyes: I bet those parents were gutted when the first [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] was announced!

I agree with the others: I think it’s probably already trending slightly (in the UK anyway) because it’s got that sort of edgy/quirky cool vibe, similar to names like [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Jago[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] (mega popular now) and [name_m]Wilf[/name_m]. But I don’t think it’s got the broad appeal to make the UK Top 100 or anything like that.

5 Likes

I think it’s a coincidence but [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] has a lot going for it -it fits in with the popular [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] while also having the bold feel of [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] And [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]

1 Like

I think [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] was held back for a long time by the association with the magazine. It’s nice to see more parents considering it. While I don’t see it becoming extremely popular, I think it’s a cool name and I can see it rising somewhat.

3 Likes

We just settled on this name. Not because of the youtubers but because of the meaning. [name_f]My[/name_f] other son’s name ends in an O ([name_m]Leo[/name_m]) and I had the hardest time finding a name that fit. I’d love for the Seinfeld association to disappear and for it to be more mainstream!

2 Likes

I’m going to take your word for it because I have never heard of any of these people. :slight_smile: I can’t see it becoming a top ten name anytime soon so users should be safe for awhile.

Erm, no. I could see it becoming trendy with upper-crust Brits, though.

I love [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] but im not sure if its too out there.

I love it on a baby or young boy but is it a name for a grown man? I’m not sold on it just yet!

I’m British but definitely not upper crust :rofl: