Is Cosmo too, well, spacey?

I’ve always thought [name]Cosmo[/name] was cool but way too weird. What do you think?

I came across it because I just realized hubby loves names that end in O… so I’m on the lookout for some cool ones. His new favorite name? Wait for it… [name]Nemo[/name]… … … … yeah… [name]Don[/name]'t worry, I’ve already told him that there is no way that’s ever happening.

O Boys!
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name]
Vonnoh

Please give suggestions and comments!

i met a [name]Lorenzo[/name] once…I think that is a great name.

I share your husband’s sentiment! O-names are ttly fab! :slight_smile: I actually really like [name]Cosmo[/name]; it’s one of the few boys’ names that could be considered a flower name (the cosmos flower), it references, um, the UNIVERSE, and I think it sounds charming alongside classic names like [name]Dashiell[/name] :wink: and other O-names like [name]Otis[/name] or [name]Orion[/name] (especially [name]Orion[/name]! Someone could end up with a whole galaxy, hehe!).

Other suggestions:
[name]Viggo[/name]
[name]Timo[/name]
Simo
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Diego[/name] or [name]Iago[/name]
[name]Waldo[/name]
[name]Franco[/name]
[name]Caio[/name] (like [name]Kai[/name]-o)
[name]Vito[/name]
[name]Philo[/name]
[name]Amadeo[/name]

All I can think of when I hear the name [name]Cosmo[/name] is [name]Cosmo[/name] Kramer from Seinfeld.

There is [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Milo[/name] would be my preference since they are uncommon, but not so out there that your child would be teased.

Regardless, it is your choice and he can always change his name or use a more traditional middle name if he hates it.

I didn’t realize this was considered that unusual.

You know, [name]Cosmo[/name] has been growing on me! At the very least, you could always use it as a middle. One more -o name you may is [name]Arlo[/name].

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Cosmo[/name] is cute but it does seem a bit too (cliche?) spacey for my taste. What about some of these similar names:

[name]Apollo[/name]
[name]Jericho[/name]
[name]Spiro[/name]
[name]Cato[/name]

But if you like [name]Cosmo[/name] then I say go for it! It’s a legitimate name and he will be one of a kind. Good luck to you!

[name]Lyndsay[/name],

Well, it pretty much reminds me of the cosmos, but maybe it would be better as [name]Cosimo[/name]? Either way, I can’t see it with [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]…

Some great names have been suggested, among my favorites being [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Viggo[/name], and [name]Theo[/name]. But, what about [name]Arlo[/name], as [name]Jill[/name] also mentioned? [name]Arlo[/name] is pretty much my favorite -o name for boys!

I love [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Beaumont for you, or maybe [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Treat[/name], or maybe even [name]Viggo[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Frost[/name]? Hmm…

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love cosmo and all your other names except vonnoh. [name]LOVE[/name] Figo.

Hmmm…funny, when I hear [name]Cosmo[/name] I automaically think about the [name]Fairy[/name] Oddparents…

Cosmopolitan magazine? I used to love this name - when I was younger than 10, I think it was all the [name]Star[/name] Wars and space programs, I loved any word or name that had something to do with it, [name]Cosmo[/name] was one of the names. Car names like Futura and Galaxie. I can’t remember more than that. I would still consider [name]Cosmo[/name] usable (not too spacey) if not for the magazine, known primarily for giving a lot of racy dating advice, which often is called [name]Cosmo[/name] for short. http://www.cosmopolitan.com/

I have one more: [name]Ignacio[/name].