Is Daisy a good name for Rosie's sister

Our first born is called [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], and we love her name, it suits her and everyone remembers it. She’s going to have a sister next year and we’re talking about names. We both love the name [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], but concerned it might be a bit sickly-sweet together with [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

It’s not tooo close (eg Rosie and Posie, Daisy and Maisie) but yes it’s quite cutesy.

1 Like

I like it, if you genuinely love the name then I say go for it :blush:

4 Likes

I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] together and separated.

1 Like

I like it! :blossom: Another option could be Daphne, still extremely cute and has a similar sound!

8 Likes

I’ve met sisters [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] - it worked for them

1 Like

I think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] & [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] are very cute together (maybe a little too cute) I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] would work better but because your little girl is [name_f]Ros[/name_f]ie it may a little cute however I think it’s definitely usable and if you love [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] go for it. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is a lovely name :blossom:

The suggestion of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] by @shorie could work better similar sounds to [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] but not as cutesy

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. [name_f]Remember[/name_f] they will be individuals way more often than they will be a sibset. Think about in your adult life how often people ask what your siblings’ names are (probably never). So if you love [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] then use it.

1 Like

I do like the name [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], but I think it might be too cutsie paired with [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. Maybe stick in the nickname theme or romantic theme, but not strictly a flower?

1 Like

Too matchy for me

1 Like

I think they are cute together but if you have a 3rd girl are you obligated to use another flower name. It might be something to consider. :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] & [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] are the sweetest together! I like that there’s a theme, but they don’t feel too matchy.

I do agree with pp that if you have a third child, you may want to continue the theme, but I don’t think it has to be a flower theme!

2 Likes

They feel a little too matchy for my taste (both 2-syllable flower names ending in -ee) but it doesn’t have to be a deal-breaker for you.

1 Like

I absolutely adore [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. [name_f]Precious[/name_f], sweet, lovely. Go for it.

1 Like

I LOVE the name [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] but it’s too close for me. But I’m super picky about sibsets, where each name stands alone. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is such a great name, I’m tempted :wink: