Is Dawn too dated? Robin?

I really love nature names. Especially ones that are long established & not too out there. Especially in the middle name spot. Wdyt of these?

I kind of like [name]Dawn[/name] as a middle name, actually. It’s not really what I would call a “dated” name either. [name]Robin[/name] is okay to me.

I like [name]Dawn[/name] as both a mn and a first name-- I think it did get a bit over-exposed in the 60s and 70s, but I can see it coming back into the top 1000 (probably stay pretty low, though). The sound is lovely and simple, and the meaning appealing. [name]Robin[/name] I prefer as a male name.

Prefer [name]Robin[/name] over [name]Dawn[/name], but like them both.

[name]Dawn[/name] is nice but I don’t think of a young person when I hear it. I prefer [name]Aurora[/name] which means dawn. I don’t think [name]Robin[/name] is too dated but I’m not too fond of it.

I like [name]Dawn[/name]. It’s my little sisters name (she’s 11). I don’t find it dated, I find it pretty.

I prefer [name]Robin[/name] on a boy, but I also don’t find it dated on either sex.

I know a baby girl named [name]Dawn[/name]. [name]Robin[/name] is okay for me, I think of [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Robin[/name] or [name]Robin[/name] [name]Williams[/name].

I don’t particularly love either [name]Dawn[/name] or [name]Robin[/name].

I like [name]Robin[/name] better than [name]Dawn[/name]. It could be because I had a friend named [name]Robin[/name] growing up, but I only think of it as a girl’s name and I think it would sound nice on a little one. [name]Dawn[/name] does feel a bit dated to me but I’m not sure why. It has a lovely sound and meaning, so if you love it I say go for it.

I feel OK with both of them as first names, but don’t love them as first names. I love them both as middles!

[name]One[/name] of my younger sisters is named [name]Robin[/name]… she’s in her late teens now and very self-assured and stylish. She definitely wears the name well and it has never seemed old-fashioned to me.

Speaking as someone with the middle name [name]Dawn[/name], I think [name]Dawn[/name] is a gorgeous middle name <3 I’m glad my parents put it in the middle name spot, I don’t think it’s suited as a first name (at least not for me anyways).

Not a fan of Robin, but I’m not opposed to it … let’s call it indifferent :slight_smile:

I think they’re both dated but [name]Dawn[/name] much more so. [name]Robin[/name] is okay. I think [name]Robin[/name] would be a nice middle name. I prefer [name]Aurora[/name] (means “dawn”) to [name]Dawn[/name].

I think that it would be refreshing to hear among all the Sophias and Emmas.
That said, it does sound dated to me.

[name]Dawn[/name] seems dated to me because my 30-something year old sister’s name is [name]Michelle[/name] [name]Dawn[/name]. But I know a girl who is 16 named [name]Robyn[/name]. The ‘y’ kind of seems to update it, and make it definitely female.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] as either a fn or mn, [name]Robin[/name] still seems a little dated to me.

I really like [name]Dawn[/name], but would still probably reserve it for the middle. I thought [name]Robin[/name] was masculine and [name]Robyn[/name] was the feminine version?

Bottom line: if the name is not offensive, and you love it, then by all means, use it! Use what you love.

I like both names very much, I think they are very versatile and especially lovely in the mn spot.

I think [name]Robin[/name] is pretty unisex without the Y. I hope so at least. I hate that Y!