Is Elsa too Frozen?

Right now, I think the association is extremely strong. I’m sure it will wear off eventually, but I can’t see it as usable in this moment.

1 Like

I have never seen Frozen so my primary association is Die kluge [name_f]Elsa[/name_f].

1 Like

That’s the first thing I think of, and the only thing. Honestly, I don’t think it’s viable at this time.

1 Like

I immediately think of Frozen and worry that since the movie is 7 years old and still going very strong it might stay that way. I personally don’t like the character [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and was in middle school when Frozen was SUPER popular so I don’t have a great connection with the film either. It may be that the association is so strong because I have no other connections to it. If I ever met an [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] or [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] I would immediately think of the princesses too but I think certain princesses are better namesakes than others. (Not saying [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] is bad or the others are good). But to each their own

1 Like

I don’t think having an association to a Disney princess is necessarily a bad thing? I have a close friend who was named [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] in the early 90’s and she loved having the same name as a princess. It’s memorable and could make a child feel special.

Variations of [name_f]Belle[/name_f]/Bella are pretty popular but not everyone thinks of a Disney princess or [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] when they hear the name. You can’t control what people will think about a name unfortunately so it’s best to simply choose a name that makes you the happiest.

1 Like

Elsa [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is a beautiful name!

1 Like

Unfortunately I do think of frozen and it’s very male in my house lol as I have two boys and not a Disney princess in sight :rofl: how do you feel about the name [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]??? [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is equally as lovely and you have steered well clear from a frozen reference.

1 Like

If I had to split it into percentages, I’d say [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] is 65% Frozen to me.

I don’t know why I just use percentages, it felt easier to explain that way :joy:

It is the first name I think of. The association will probably* wear off in the next 5-10 years…

Although I’m sure they’re coming out with a Frozen 3, that’s going to knock us back a couple years.

Elsa [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is really pretty!

*hopefully

1 Like

Elsa is lovely and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] even moreso!

I do sort of think of [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], but not in a cliched, childish sort of way. I just think Nordic in general, and Frozen is one of the associations? I love Frozen, though; I wouldn’t be put off by the association, but for me it’s not that strong, so I wouldn’t worry too much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s always [name_f]Elza[/name_f] which I absolutely love!

1 Like

I do think of Frozen bc it’s recent, but I say go for it bc it’s so beautiful! I have a lot of friends named [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] and I don’t ever think of The [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid… I think the Frozen association will die down a bit. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Aliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are beautiful as well!

1 Like

Eska is so cool!! I’ve never heard it before but it’s so beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Eliza is a great suggestion thank you!! :heart: