Is Foster Useable?

I like the name [name_m]Foster[/name_m] but what kind of boy/man comes to mind with the name [name_m]Foster[/name_m]? Does the foster system make the name unusable?

I definitely think it’s usable and wouldn’t be too bothered by the foster care association :wink: It also fits into current trends. I has a very grounded and relaxed vibe, imo. So I’d say, go for it!

I always think first of the foster care association, but i dont think its unusable.

My coworker’s husband is named [name_m]Foster[/name_m], so that’s who I think of. I don’t think of the foster care system unless someone points it out like you did. I think it’s perfectly usable and I agree with @millia, it definitely seems to have a relaxed, grounded vibe.

I would have never thought of the foster care system. I think [name_m]Foster[/name_m] is an interesting and handsome name :slight_smile:

I think [name_m]Foster[/name_m] is very nice. My first thought is [name_m]Foster[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] glasses.

I think it works great.

Definitely usable. Except I personally would not use it if you are planning to foster adopt or foster.

I like it. Thought of [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Foster[/name_m] before the [name_m]Foster[/name_m] care system.

Its definitely usable. I had a 16 year old student named [name_m]Foster[/name_m] once and thought it was a great name. Suits a boy or a man. Unusual but not difficult to pronounce or anything.

I agree w/ this.

But generally, if I met a young child named [name_m]Foster[/name_m] I’d probably assume it was a surname somewhere on the family tree. And to foster means to encourage or to nurture, right? Sounds positive enough to me.

There does happen to be an ice cream chain in Southern CA called [name_m]Foster[/name_m]'s Freeze, but I’m not sure it would be a strong or negative association.

I really like [name_m]Foster[/name_m] and definitely think it’s usable. It has a few associations, but I don’t think any of them are bad and most names are associated with something/someone.