Is Gumamela usable?

Gumamela, another name for the flower hibiscus.

1 Like

I think it would be tough as a FN, but may work as a middle name. I can’t imagine what NNs you could use.

Can I ask what drew you to the name, other than it being another name for the hibsicus?

I wouldn’t use it.

1 Like

It reminds me of the name [name_f]Karmela[/name_f]/Mela but with a twist. I also thought it sounds pretty and unique, but I’m not sure for a human though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No, not to me

1 Like

Hmm it’s not my favorite but it is a neat name!:grin:

I say it’s usable! I wouldn’t use it, but I’ve heard way crazier names slip past. Also, pretty flower :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know the Gum part stands out to me. I personally wouldn’t use it as a first, but maybe as a middle.

2 Likes

I prefer Hibiscus.

2 Likes

It’s not the prettiest sounding imo, I’d dare to say even a little messy and garbled sounding.
Do I think it’s useable? Sure.
Would I use it? No.
At best I’d maybe use it for a middle but even then I actually like the sound of Hibiscus more.

1 Like

No, I don’t think it’s usable. [name_f]My[/name_f] brain tried to read this as Guatemala at first.

8 Likes

Same.

1 Like

If there’s a real reason for it, I don’t see why not. I actually thought it was some sort of ethnic name of sorts until I opened the thread, and figured it bore some sort of significance.

It wouldn’t be smooth sailing for a real person with that name, necessarily… unless she’s called [name_f]Mellie[/name_f]!!

1 Like

I would not use this.

1 Like

I misread it as Guatemala at first. The “gum” part is quite unappealing to me. I think it would be okay as a middle name but I wouldn’t recommend it as a first.

4 Likes

Maybe with nn [name_f]Mela[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] if your desperate to use it…

I’m getting Guatemalan guacamole vibes too, sorry!

2 Likes

I agree with @choupette. It might be all right as a middle, but I don’t think it’s a wearable first.

2 Likes

Noooope
Sorry

Reminds me too much of Guacamole Gumballs, guantanemo, and Guatemala.