Is Hazel going the way of Emma and Sophia?

I’ve recently decided that I am in love with the name [name]Hazel[/name]. It’s beautiful, I think it goes well with [name]Tobias[/name]/[name]Toby[/name], and I can say it easily. (side note, I have a really wicked stutter that makes saying a lot of letter sounds really hard. Any M, N, L, or R names are definitely out. Let me tell you, it makes naming kids SO hard because I want something I wouldn’t get stuck on every time someone asked me what their name was)
Anyway, [name]Hazel[/name] is perfect…except that it seems to be shooting upwards on the charts. So, how popular do you think it’s going to get?? I’m ok as long as it stays out of the top 100…maybe top 50, not sure.

What do you think??

Oh yeah, and how does [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] sound as a name?

[name]Hazel[/name] was #343 in 2008, an increase of about 20 from the year before. I don’t think it will take over for [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name], as it is a completely different feel and style. I think it is perfect - you can say it well and it flows really well with [name]Tobias[/name]. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] is lovely as well!

The thing about the popular names on the girl side is that they are usually fairly feminine and ending in an -a ([name]Emma[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], etc.), they often start in a vowel ([name]Emma[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Emily[/name], etc.) or they are fairly well-established classics ([name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Abigail[/name]) that are coming back into favor. [name]Hazel[/name] really doesn’t fit these categories. It doesn’t start with a vowel or end in an -a, it isn’t overtly feminine, and it isn’t a traditional classic. It does fit the trend of the day in using color or nature names, less frilly names, or names with strong sounds (i.e., Z, K, R) for girl names…

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] is perfect. Go for it!

[name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] is a beautiful combo. I should warn you, it may get stolen. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t worry about it becoming too popular. [name]Even[/name] though these kinds of names are rising in popularity, I think most people prefer something more familiar/fashionable. [name]Even[/name] if it does crack the top 100, that’ll probably only translate into a couple of thousand kids being born with that name. You should be fine.

Good luck!

I love [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name], and think they’re perfect together! I personally don’t think that [name]Hazel[/name] will become the next [name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Emma[/name], because I’m guessing that the people who made [name]Ava[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Emma[/name], etc. so popular will find [name]Hazel[/name] too clunky for their taste.

I think that [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] is very pretty. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!