Is it just me, or is Diana super pretty?

I started thinking about [name]Diana[/name] because it’s the name of the actress who plays [name]Quinn[/name] on Glee. It seems like Dianas are always pretty! I like [name]Diane[/name], too. I always sing “little diddy 'bout [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Diane[/name]” in my head when I hear it, and I love that song.

I wonder why [name]Diana[/name] isn’t popular? Doesn’t it seem like it would fit in with [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]?

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Diana[/name] could honor a [name]Donna[/name]? Or is that a stretch…

[name]Lyndsay[/name],

Sure, [name]Diana[/name] could honor [name]Donna[/name]! I’ve recently come to quite like [name]Diana[/name], too! It seems to be timelessly elegant, delicately feminine, and playfully spunky all at the same time!

Yeah, I know that [name]Quinn[/name] on Glee is played by a [name]Dianna[/name] - she spells her name with an “[name]Anna[/name]” - but the only other [name]Diana[/name] I know is a sweet little [name]Asian[/name] girl! And, well, the late [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name], of course!

By the way, [name]Diana[/name] feels much more elegant and feminine and sweet - and fresh! - to me than [name]Diane[/name], and [name]Diane[/name] does always remind me of “[name]Jack[/name] and [name]Diane[/name].” My mom played that song for me in the car all the time when I was little!

Great name, [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS My latest idea for a pen name is [name]Diana[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] Larkspur…

I like it to! but I love [name]Deanna[/name] NN [name]Dee[/name] more

:slight_smile:

[name]Diana[/name] is a very pretty name. Feminine, sweet, meaning divine and representing the goddess of the moon and hunting. Though not a chart topper, the name’s not really unpopular, as it is currently #137 in the US and has been hovering around that mark for a while. However, the name, for many, is still strongly associated with [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name], whose tragic death is still on the forefront of most peoples minds when they hear the name. Maybe the next generation, that wasn’t around for her death, will use the name more. Also, I’ve heard people say that the emphasis of the “die” syllable is a turn off, but I personally don’t feel that way. I agree, it’s very pretty and a wonderful for choice for a little girl. It certainly could honor a [name]Donna[/name].

In sooo many ways [name]Diana[/name] is the PERFECT name. The most popular it’s ever been in the last century is #42 and for the last decade it’s leveled out at around the early 100s. This means that you will probably know one [name]Diana[/name], but not many more. Because the name has stabilized, it means it probably won’t have a giant leap in popularity. Take [name]Isla[/name], it’s in the 600s now, but that’s a 400 spot leap in one year!

I just wish it had another nn other than [name]Di[/name].

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Diana[/name]! One of my fav’s too!
[name]Diane[/name] doesn’t seem as pretty to me for some reason. I find [name]Diana[/name] more classy.
I really don’t understand why it’s not used more? I agree that it fits in with [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] but it could work out for you if you want a name used a lot less then [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name].

Yes, I agree…sweet, classic name.

I love [name]Diana[/name]! But [name]Diana[/name] and [name]Diane[/name] (and various spin-offs [name]Deanne[/name], [name]Dianne[/name], [name]Deana[/name], etc.) were popular during the 50s and 60s, especially [name]Diane[/name]. But I think it’s very pretty, and I think it can honor a [name]Donna[/name] because they’re both from the same relative period. I know a [name]Diana[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name], which is cute. [name]Dinah[/name] is also pretty, and less common and dated. :slight_smile:

— [name]Tara[/name]

Of course it does - [name]Anna[/name] (or even [name]Annie[/name])

Of course it does - [name]Anna[/name] (or even [name]Annie[/name])[/quote]

Yes, but I’m not a fan of using other distinct names as a nn for a name. Which is just a personal quirk.

Yes, it is pretty. [name]Even[/name] if it becomes completely dated and falls out of use, it’ll never be seen otherwise.

No, I don’t think it’s close enough to [name]Donna[/name] if that’s the requirement.

A friend of mine named her daughter [name]Dayanna[/name]. Pronounced [name]Diana[/name], but nobody can call her [name]Di[/name] (like die) that way. Either way it is a pretty name.

[name]Diana[/name] is a stunning name [name]IMO[/name]. I couldn’t imagine changing the spelling on it. I think changing the spelling of the name just would take away from the femininity of the it. It does fit in with the current trends which is a bonus, plus I think that since it is a name that you no longer hear very often the name just sounds fresh. I’m only 19 and I went to school with someone named [name]Diana[/name], she was extremely nice and intelligent so I have had a great first impression of the name.

[name]Diana[/name] could definitely honor someone named [name]Donna[/name]. I think the names are kind of similar in sound and spelling. But not in an obvious kind of way. So it gives the daughter a chance to have her own name unique to her while at the same time for you being able to know you chose that name to honor someone close to you!!

1 Like

Ooh, I love [name]Diana[/name]. It’s so pretty, feminine, and classic. I don’t like [name]Diane[/name] or [name]Dianna[/name] or [name]Deanna[/name] so much, though. One thing: is [name]Diana[/name] so pretty because it’s balanced. The hard “d” at the beginning and the soft “ana” at the end counter each other well. I also think [name]Diana[/name] could honor a [name]Donna[/name]. – [name]Christy[/name] ([name]Margaret[/name])

I’m so glad everyone loves [name]Diana[/name]! I wonder why I never see this on anyone’s list. I’m putting it at the top of my list for a middle name for a second daughter, so if it gets used it won’t be for quite some time. Still, I’m so glad to know that it is well loved and might be able to honor my grandma [name]Donna[/name]! Plus, even though her death was tragic, the princess is a wonderful namesake!

Freckles I agree completely. [name]Diana[/name] is beautiful, a long standing favorite of mine. I also like the [name]Dianna[/name] spelling, but I think I like the other spelling {[name]Diana[/name]} more.

I’m sorry to disagree with everyone here, but I really don’t like [name]Diana[/name]. To me, it sounds really dated. And it always makes me think of [name]Diana[/name] [name]Ross[/name]. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I just couldn’t imagine it on anyone else.

[name]Diana[/name] is a gorgeous name. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Annie[/name]. Or maybe a nn could be [name]Dinah[/name].

Hey, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! [name]How[/name]'ve you been? I totally love the name [name]Diana[/name], nn [name]Annie[/name]! (I also love how [name]Diana[/name] is an [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables name.) :slight_smile:

Take care, and high-fivies to [name]Dash[/name]! :slight_smile: