Is it just me?

Does anyone else like [name]Enoch[/name]? Or have I lost all sense of style and taste? I stumbled upon it the other day and I really, really like it. I might go as far as saying love, especially with the nn Nox. So what’s it to you? Old? Ugly? Plain weird?

All comments are appreciated but don’t worry, I’m not expecting:)

Thanks in advance!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

A friend of a friend had an [name]Enoch[/name] last year. I like it.

Really? Wow, so it is still in usage… [name]Do[/name] they just call him [name]Enoch[/name] or does he have a nn? [name]Do[/name] you know his middle name? Sorry for being nosy, it’s just not often you hear of a little [name]Enoch[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I like [name]Enoch[/name], although I’ve never met one. (I don’t know where you are, but Biblical names haven’t been as common in [name]England[/name] as over in [name]America[/name] for a long time, which may be why it doesn’t feel dated to me at all - it is so unusual.)

I actually really rather like [name]Enoch[/name]. I don’t think it’s old or ugly or plain; I think it’s solemn and actually handsome. No, you’re not crazy, tehe. (;

I quite like [name]Enoch[/name]. It’s one of those old biblical names that could use a revival. I love the idea of the nn Nox. There are so many wonderful unused biblical names, and [name]Enoch[/name] is definitely one of them!

I think there’s plenty of teasing potential if you add a u. Eunuch.

Agreed - first thing I thought of! That, and [name]Enid[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I know a man named [name]Enoch[/name] who has a son named [name]Micah[/name].

To me, [name]Enoch[/name] is one of those names that, when used now (well, outside of certain religious communities) sounds like the parents were trying really hard to be really cool.

An episode from Tales From the Crypt titled “Lower Berth” absolutely ruined the name “[name]Enoch[/name]” for me.

I don’t think I would name my kid that, but if someone I knew named there son [name]Enoch[/name] I think I would say, “wait…what?..oh cool!”
lol :slight_smile: