Is it just on NB or is Jane heading up the chart?

I am hearing a lot of [name]Jane[/name] lately… wondering if this is a trend, are we going to see [name]Jane[/name] headed up the chart???

It does seem especially popular on here, but I have seen a lot of mn [name]Janes[/name] (off nameberry) lately, maybe a backlash to the ever-present [name]Grace[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc…in the mn spot, [name]Jane[/name] does suit the popular “old lady names” nicely as a mn.

Have yet to meet a first name [name]Jane[/name] under 40 though

I agree - I think [name]Jane[/name] is popular on NB, but has yet to become popular elsewhere.

My prediction is that it will be going up. It’s losing some of those “plain and boring” adjectives and is moving more to “refreshing and classic.” It’s similar to what I’ve seen happen with other names (like [name]Alice[/name]). Six years ago [name]Alice[/name] was mostly described to me as “boring” … now it seems to be on almost everyone’s lists.

And I’m only really paying attention because my 3rd daughter’s first name is [name]Jane[/name]. :slight_smile: I’d actually like it to stay somewhat unpopular among babies, but I’ll be surprised if it does. This is just my own impression of course!