Is it ok to have rhyming names?

I really love the name Ravina. (pronounced Ruh-vee-nuh) I came across a person of that name one day and instantly fell in love. However I have also loved the name [name_f]Delfina[/name_f] forever. I would love to use them both one day. Also I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f]. Are these names to “rhymey” to be siblings?

2 Likes

I think so.

Two names that end in the same letter could be fine ([name_f]Ava[/name_f] & [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]), but the same exact sound at the end, especially one that is more distinctive, to me is problematic.

1 Like

I wouldn’t use them both as first names, personally. What about Ravina [name_f]Colette[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Delfina[/name_f]?

4 Likes

I think these two examples would be fine. As long as the sounds in the names are distinct enough, it works. I would probably try to avoid names that perfectly rhyme, or names that share almost all the same letters in the same order (ie [name_f]Bella[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]).

I know a couple that named their two children Kels3y (f) and C@$ey (m) and their last name ends in -ley. To me, [name_f]Colette[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sound fine (and they’re both beautiful names).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do it personally, but [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] are distinct enough from each other (and both gorgeous names!)

Ravina and Delpihna are too rhyming, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] are fine.

I think it is OK! I know many sets of siblings who share initials or have names ending with the same sounds.
Examples:
Sabr!na and [name_f]Selen[/name_f]@
Catarin@ and C@rolina

I think both are fine. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] sound different enough not to be confused with each other. Ravina and [name_f]Delfina[/name_f] have a similar ending but I think you could still use them together if you wanted. To give a real-world example, [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] Shevchenko (the UFC fighter) has a sister named [name_f]Antonina[/name_f].

I think it’s fine.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] are beautiful together🥰
Ravina and [name_f]Delphina[/name_f] are also gorgeous together!

I have sisters [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] & [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. Both just happened ([name_f]Maddison[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] are their actual names) & while it confuses people when I talk about them sometimes overall it was never a problem!

Too rhymy. Suggest using one as a MN for a second girl, or using a variant of it that doesnt have the -ina ending. E.g., [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Delfina[/name_f]. There are some close sounding names, like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], that you might look into as well.