Is it too popular

So I have been searching for names for my baby girl that will be here in February for quite a while now. I have always been someone who wants a somewhat unique name but not one that is too out there. During my name search though I found [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and my husband and I fell in love! I’m concerned it will only continue to rise in popularity though which makes me shy away from the name a bit. Any thoughts? I’m so conflicted!

I don’t think it’s too popular! I’ve actually never heard it on anyone before… So in my book, you’re good! It’s a really cute name :slight_smile:

I do not know of anyone, or any children with the name [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]. [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is a cute and sweet middle.

Congrats. I have never met a [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] and I have not heard it while I have been out and about.

I love the name [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]! I have met one little girl with this name but def don’t think it’s too popular

I love [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] or [name_f]Lila[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] however it’s spelled. My initial thought was to say it was popular as I hear it pretty often to be a name parents are considering (this summer I knew two mothers planing to use [name_f]Lila[/name_f] but they had boys instead!). Truthfully though I’ve only heard of two little [name_f]Lilas[/name_f] in my area so it really probably isn’t too popular. [name_u]Unique[/name_u] wouldn’t be a word I’d use to describe it but beautiful definitely would be! [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is a great choice :slight_smile:

I do not think that is popular at all. It is a beautiful name. I think you picked a great name!

I don’t think it’s especially popular - it’s worth remembering that popular on nameberry doesn’t always equal popular in the real world! I think that [name_f]Belle[/name_f] will probably become quite a common middle name (like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f]) but as it’s in the middle spot, and [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] is more unusual I don’t think you should worry.

I have a [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and have only met one other little girl with the same name.
I definitely don’t think it is very common. [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is lovely!

I really love the combination of [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. I could also imagine it as [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]-[name_f]Belle[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]! Would you call her [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or is [name_f]Belle[/name_f] going to be more of a silent middle name? The only reason I ask is because if you call her [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], people may think that is her first name in its entirety. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought :slight_smile:

The name is great though!!!

I love the name [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], and it’s not too popular at all. I’ve never met a [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], and I’ve only met one [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

I prefer the [name_f]Lila[/name_f] spelling. It’s more feminine. [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] looks too masculine to me.

No, I don’t think it’s too popular. I think it’s gaining in popularity, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. It’ll be recognizable, but unique. The best of both worlds.

My youngest daughter is [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]…she is just getting ready to turn 2. I was worried about the same thing and unfortunately you just can’t control what other parents are going to start picking and make a great name all trendy and overused…sigh… :frowning:
I’m definitely not a big fan of [name_f]Belle[/name_f] as it REALLY popular.

I know of a 3-year-old [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]. The spelling [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] ranks #146 on the Social Security charts and is down from the 127 the year before. Spelled [name_f]Lila[/name_f], it ranks #182.

[name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_u]Bell[/name_u] are NOT in the Top 1000 names at all. [name_f]Bella[/name_f] is #54. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is #3 and the similar [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] at #100 are other likely forces in driving perception of popularity.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps in your decision!

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lila[/name_f]! (Like [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]…reminds me of the boy name [name_u]Lyle[/name_u]). [name_f]Belle[/name_f] fits well as a mn :slight_smile:

It isn’t too popular.