Is it weird?

The only two boys names I actually even kinda love are [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Felix[/name]. Whenever I mention them to people outside of forums they say how [name]Milo[/name] reminds them of a dogs name and [name]Felix[/name] as a cat. Is it wrong to use both of those names together factorying in the animal associations? I don’t mind so much if they do have those associations singularly, but I’m worried it might be too much or could lead to teasing if I used both. WDYT?

I do think of animals when they are used together. By themselves though, not so much. Maybe [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]?

I love [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Felix[/name]! I don’t really associate either to the animals in the stories, and I definitely think they’re fine together. For me, the associations to the animals isn’t that strong so I think they’re fine, both individually and together! Besides, there’s a chance that there could be a sister between them, so something like [name]Milo[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], and [name]Felix[/name] or [name]Milo[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Felix[/name] as siblings doesn’t scream pets like some might think [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] do. Besides, it’s not as bad as [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name]. :slight_smile:

I just asked my sisters, and neither liked [name]Felix[/name] and only one liked [name]Milo[/name]. They didn’t really have strong negative reactions, though, and the older of my sisters could see where the animal association came from, but she didn’t seem too bothered by it. Around here, I don’t think it would get strongly negative reactions, even though most people prefer names like [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Layla[/name], [name]Delaney[/name], [name]Kylie[/name], and [name]Madison[/name] over [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], and [name]Isla[/name], for example. I would hardly think it would warrant terrible (or even a normal amount) teasing over names. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Milo[/name] is a dog’s name? I never heard of that. I love both names.

[name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name] was the name of a movie about these two dogs… I don’t remember much about it but I watched it quite frequently when I was little. They went on an adventure together, I think, or something. It’s a cute kids’ movie, from what I remember.

The [name]Milo[/name] in [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name] is actually a cat. And I think [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] are fine as future siblings. I don’t think the children growing up now (or when you have them) will have the associations. [name]Felix[/name] hasn’t been around in awhile, and the [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name] movie wasn’t extremely popular when it was out.

I really like both names and wouldn’t let the animal references stop me from using it.

I’ve seen dog & cat comments on forums as well. I honestly think it’s more of a generational thing. I know nothing about [name]Felix[/name] the [name]Cat[/name] & I’ve never seen [name]Milo[/name] & [name]Otis[/name], so the associations don’t come to mind at all for me.
For someone my mom’s age… she’d definitely give me a weird look and ask why I don’t just name my kid “Spot” or something.
[name]Milo[/name] & [name]Felix[/name] are VERY “now”, I think, too, depending on your circle of friends. I put them in the same category as [name]Henry[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Julian[/name], etc, all of which are in the top 100, even though they’re less common.
I don’t think it’s weird to use either of them, and since I’d put them in the same category style-wise, I think they’re actually great names for brothers, as well. I also think they’re great names in general. I’d go for it!