Is London girly?

We have decided to spell [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Blaze[/name] maybe that give it a more masculine feel. Thanks:)

We have decided to spell [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Blaze[/name] maybe that give it a more masculine feel. Thanks:)[/quote]

Please, please whatever you do [name]DON[/name]'T destroy the name by spelling it any other way than [name]Blaise[/name]!

It is the name of the famous Frenchman [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Pascal[/name]. This name has been used for hundreds of years spelt as [name]Blaise[/name] and if people don’t recognise the name and understand that it is a name loved for hundreds of years spelt this way there is no way that I would change it because of their perception of its masculinity.

In fact I think they will say it is a horse’s name if you spell it as [name]Blaze[/name].

Someone in our family has used this name and changed the spelling and I feel that it has destroyed the heart of the name, changed it from a beautiful name to a tryndee nonsense.

I would be really upset to hear of a new [name]Blaise[/name] with their name spelled any other way than [name]Blaise[/name].

Wow rollo you seem to have some strong convictions when it comes to names . I choose a name for the way it sounds and how I feel about it(can I see myself saying it for the rest of my life how will my child feel about it) I have never named one of my children because of someone that had the name before them I expect my kids to make it their own not to live up to it. I am in no way a tradionalist and have changed the spelling of each one of my childrens names to suit us and our personalities. I appreciate the input but I don’t feel the same way thanks for sharing your thoughts :slight_smile:

I thought I got a little fired up on that one; sorry for that I should have taken a step back!

The name pushes all my emotional buttons because of the family connection.

Lol it happens to us all on issue we hold near to our hearts, think nothing of it :slight_smile: