Is my girl name too "old testament"

So I have fallen in love with the girl name “[name_u]Noa[/name_u]” thanks to the Beauty and the [name_m]Baker[/name_m] show! I had always planned on the middle name [name_u]Eden[/name_u] after my grandmother but I am wondering if [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] sounds way too old testament? They go together well but both are iconic old testament names/words…

Nah. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] isn’t a name in the OT, and [name_u]Noa[/name_u] isn’t one of the main people.
A name like [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] or [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Leah[/name_f] would seem more like what you’re describing.

1 Like

I think it’s fine!

It just sounds super Israeli but not really biblical. I love both names although I’d prefer [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Noa[/name_u]. If you want something else try: [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Nala[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u], or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u].

1 Like

Well… Except the garden of [name_u]Eden[/name_u]… lol

I agree with Babies 123456- it sounds super Israeli, but not necessarily OT. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_u]Noa[/name_u] are both decently trendy right now too ([name_u]Eden[/name_u] for girls and [name_u]Noah[/name_u] for boys), so I think they’re taking on a new modern life of their own- people just like them and use them not necessarily because they have Biblical origins.

1 Like

It does sound very biblical but also very much on trend. It’s a sweet name and i guess you just have decide if you mind the biblical connection

1 Like

I meant a person’s name :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] is a name of a garden.

But that said, the name does sound more trendy to me than biblical per se

1 Like

I think it’s a beautiful name! [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] doesn’t seem very old testament to me, considering old testament names were more [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] or [name_f]Sarah[/name_f].

I think some people will notice the Old Testament theme, but they’re probably more likely to notice the use of [name_u]Noa[/name_u] for a girl (which is lovely but certainly less conventional). If the name were [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] then it would be a clear reference to one Bible story, but I think [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is quite nice.

1 Like

I think it is a great name. I agree with the Israeli sound, but only in a very international/cosmopolitan way (…think [name_u]Yael[/name_u] Groblas).

It is very nice in that I could see it coming off differently to different people. For people with a strong relation to the Bible, they would notice the connection and like and appreciate the name.

And for those of us in the secular world, this name is not at all in-your-face about religion and I don’t most people would think of it, notice, or bat an eye. I think no matter the type of person YOU are, it could fit well (religious or not).

1 Like

Very pretty. Going Old Testament is sweet in an age of trendy!

Definitely not too “Old Testament.” As someone who is religious, I really appreciate the allusions. For someone who isn’t, this isn’t overboard at all. Go for it!

1 Like

I think it’s a nice combo. To be honest, I wouldn’t even think of the Old Testament. I expected to read something like [name_f]Hephzibah[/name_f] when I clicked on the thread! [name_u]Noa[/name_u] is unusual but doesn’t sound overly Biblical to me - I actually think of the perfume of that name by Cacharel. And [name_u]Eden[/name_u] (as a name) comes across to me as modern and popular, rather than religious.

1 Like

I don’t get an Old Testament vibe from this at all although in saying that, I think the last time I picked up a Bible was probably in primary school so I’m not overly knowledgeable about Old Testament names. As previous posters have said, it’s more overtly Israeli than overtly biblical. I absolutely love the name [name_u]Noa[/name_u] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is lovely too although I may be the odd one out in saying I’m not sure they work together? At least for me it’s not that easy to say: the ‘ah’ ending runs into the ‘ee’ sound at the beginning of [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. But maybe it’s just my accent.