Is Natalie too trendy?

Hey guys, I really like the name [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. I really like the meaning because my dad was born around [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] time so it would honor him. I think [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is very cute and it ages well enough. Would [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] work as a nickname? Does [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] fit in with some of my other name (see my signature)? Does [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] sound too trendy? What are you thoughts on [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]?

Thanks guys.

I don’t find [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] trendy at all! It’s beautiful and timeless in my opinion. [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] definitely works as a nn and is my favorite one for [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. I do think [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] is very similar to [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] on your list but other than that it works quite well.

I don’t think it’s trendy at all! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name with a long history of use. I don’t like [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] as a nn though, I would probably choose [name_f]Talia[/name_f] or [name_u]Tallie[/name_u]

I don’t find [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] trendy. It’s quite pretty. I wouldn’t consider it classic yet, but it’s definitely not trendy. [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] would work as a nn just fine. There are some names in your signature I don’t think [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] would work with all that well, but most would sound good with [name_f]Natalie[/name_f].

I love the name [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. I only know 2 [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]'s and would totally have it on my list but it is my cousin’s name.

As far as trendy goes, it depends on what your definition of trendy is. To me, trendy names are those that sound made up (like [name_f]Brynlee[/name_f]), or have a severe name popularity peak at a specific time (think [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u], and other born in the 80’s and early 90’s names).

To me, [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is neither of those. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is a name that’s been around awhile and it’s popularity has been gradual. It actually “peaked” at #13 in 2008 and is slowly dropping and is now at #27. So this may be good news as it’s becoming less popular.

[name_f]Tilly[/name_f] does work well as a nickname but if I was named [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] I would only want to be called [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] as [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] is too close to the word frilly for me.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] pairs well with all your names!

I agree that [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] isn’t trendy! My little sister is named [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], and it seems just as well-liked and used today as it was in the mid-1990s when she was born, so, if anything, it seems like a modern classic to me. My sister is mainly [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], but I (and a couple others, I suppose) call her [name_u]Tallie[/name_u] sometimes, too (like [name_u]Tally[/name_u], not [name_m]TAH[/name_m]-lee). But [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] is also ADORABLE, and I can see [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] working super well!

I think [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]'s a gorgeous name; I can’t sing its praises enough. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is a classic name, not trendy at all!

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is a lovely, versatile name that would wear well on any girl. It’s not trendy at all- in fact, I’d put it in the “more classic than it seems” basket. It’s been in the top 1000 since the SSA list started in 1880, and it’s been top 100 since the 1970s. I’ve met Natalies of all ages so don’t associate it with a particular generation/age group. I like the subtle honour towards your father. [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] definitely works as a nickname- when she’s older her friends might call her [name_u]Nat[/name_u] since it’s a common nickname for [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], but no reason you can’t call her [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] as well.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] definitely isn’t trendy! It’s a gorgeous name (though I slightly prefer [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]). [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] is a great nn.

I love [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]!! I like [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], so cute, but my favorite is the masculine [name_u]Nat[/name_u]. Sounds so spunky!

Thanks guys. You are always so helpful!! What are your favorite “[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]” combos?? Also, some one asked what my definition of “trendy” was. To me, trendy is some thing that is popular now, but was never in use like when our parents and grandparents were kids. Names like [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f], [name_f]Brynlee[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f], [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], Aedyn, and [name_f]Brooklynn[/name_f] (and mnay more.)

I wouldn’t call [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] trendy, and I love the idea of [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] as a nickname.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is beautiful. I love [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] too, but if anything, have been hearing this more than [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], in recent years. I think that [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is the least “trendy” of the two right now, and really, is more of a classic. I do think that [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] works as a nickname, although I prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f] or [name_u]Tally[/name_u], because [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] tends to be associated with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], and I think that it could cause confusion. Also, [name_f]Talia[/name_f] and [name_u]Tally[/name_u] are just stunning. I do prefer [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] as a spelling, also - whether it is used for [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], or independently, or for a different name.

I don’t consider [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] trendy. Yet also not dated.