Is Norman too old fashioned for a little boy today?

My first thought was Norman Reedus (the name of the actor who plays Daryl–a well liked, somewhat mysterious, sort-of hearthrob character in The Walking Dead) Will this actor and the fact that it fits in the “ends in n” trend help it come back? I just looked and there were 155 Normans on the SSA list in 2011, 2012, and 2013. So it’s at a plateau. Last peaked in the US in 1927…I think that 10 years from now, Norman will have increased in popularity, but the real question is how much. I bet that it will be in the top 1000 but will it reach the top 500? 100? Hard to say.

[name_m]Norman[/name_m] is just so adorable! It is an old man name, but I love that. When I picture a kid named [name_m]Norman[/name_m], my heart melts. I’m not sure how easy of a name it would be to live with, if you live in an area full of Jaxxsyns, Blayzens and Paesleighs though.

I have an uncle [name_m]Norman[/name_m] who passed away 3 years ago. I’ve often thought of using [name_m]Norman[/name_m] to honour him, but I cannot get past the [name_m]Norman[/name_m] [name_m]Bates[/name_m] association. I also think it’s too “old-man” to really work. It’s in the back of my mind as a possible middle name, but I would not use it as a first.

I might be the oldest person on here, but I think of [name_m]Norm[/name_m] from Cheers! (anyone?) And [name_m]Norman[/name_m] [name_m]Bates[/name_m].

I think it would be cute, but i like old man names on little boys. The problem is there are no good nicknames, and [name_m]Norman[/name_m] is too formal to be used all the time.

[name_f]My[/name_f] dads name is [name_m]Norman[/name_m] and I dont think anyone has ever brought up norman bates to him in his whole life lol. He’s married to maureen and together we calll them Normeen lol

Not Maurman? (like Mormon) Haha

[name_m]Norman[/name_m] [name_m]Bates[/name_m]? That is a pretty old-fashioned association. I wouldn’t discount the name for this reason.