Is Rose for a middle name too plain?

So my hubby really loves [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I do too but I am worried about it being so common?

We also like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] or maybe belle…

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a gorgeous name. I wouldn’t worry too much about popularity, since it is tin the middle spot. I also love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] but am more partial to the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] MN.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a beautiful combination, but I understand your hesitation because I’ve wondered the same thing myself. Of your other two possibilities, I like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] more than [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. Here are a few other ideas:

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u]

It can be, its better as a first name, but [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is pretty.

It’s pretty and its a classic! I don’t think its plain at all!

I absolutely love [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but I understand your concern as [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for a middle name is very common.

I really like an above suggestion of [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. But overall, I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous and I don’t think there’s anything plain about it.

Personally, I do find a bit boring if there’s no family or otherwise special connection to it; I prefer [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] in that case.
I do love the idea of [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] though, I think she’s brilliant and very sophisticated.

it sounds beautiful! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is also very pretty though

Its very pretty!

I know it’s popular but I absolutely love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as either a first or a middle and I would not want to give it up for that reason. I am drawn to its strength, simplicity, and beauty and that outweighs popularity for me.

It’s my middle name so I am biased, but I definitely have noticed how common it is; I feel that at least half of girls I know have this middle name. To be fair, my first name is [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] so my entire name is lackluster, plain and boring which has made me more sensitive.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful and if it feels like the right choice than it’s still a great name. I also love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

I absolutely love the combo [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! It’s stunning. As for [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], both are very pretty, but they just don’t seem to have the right flow. I wouldn’t worry about it being common, and the combo is so lovely together that it’s a far cry from plain

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are more striking, but I wouldn’t call [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] too common or plain. The imagery makes the combo stand out. Great choice!

The name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in general is just very popular but there’s nothing plain about it. It’s a very beautiful name that will never go out of style.

If I had it my way she would be [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] :slight_smile: However my husband doesn’t share my love for the names as I do.

I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] too, but also the simple beauty of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is still attractive to me.

Would he be okay with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]? It’s super close to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] without being [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful!

The problem there is our last name ends in -ie / -y sound so the 3 names with the same ending sounds… odd?

A rose is such a stunning flower, I don’t think you can call this name plain. There’s something to be said for streamlined, classic, but gorgeous names. They are certainly my preference. :slight_smile:

I love the names [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] (although I prefer the [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] spelling) & [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but I’m not so crazy about them together. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], on the other hand, is just lovely…[name_f]IMO[/name_f] the flow is great & the sound is super smooth. Classic but not boring, easy to pronounce & spell…two thumbs up here! :slight_smile: