Is Rose the next Anne/Ella/Emma?

Not too long ago [name]Rose[/name] seemed to be a fairly uncommon name. Now I am not sure this is true! It seems like [name]Rose[/name] is becoming increasingly popular. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s going to become one of the next “all too common” names of this next generation? (It’s clearly TOPS middle names lists too.) In my opinion, too much popularity takes away from the novelty of the name. [name]Just[/name] want to try to avoid this.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

I completely agree with you about popularity ruining a name for me, but while [name]Rose[/name] is the #1 middle name for girls, I simply can’t see it gaining mass popularity as a first name. It’s only one syllable long and lacks the a ending of trendy names such as [name]Ave[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Emma[/name]. ([name]Anne[/name] is no longer popular, at #499.)

It’s one of my all-time favorite first names, and most people (not Nameberry posters, of course) I mention it to think it sounds too old (which I find a relief, as they’ll never use it for their daughters.) :slight_smile:

It’s presently #344 for girls, was #348 last year, and was #346 the year before that. In 2000, [name]Rose[/name] was #299, but it’s been in the 300s since.

[name]Rosalie[/name], however, I can see becoming popular due to Twilight (only time will tell how popular, though), and I imagine that many Rosalies will be nicknamed [name]Rose[/name], which may bother you.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Im a mid 80’s baby my middle name is [name]Anne[/name], like many of my girlfriends, however I dont know anyone with the first name anne in my age range. I think [name]Rose[/name] is one of those middle names that has replaced [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name].

hasn’t it always been popular, like back in the day to?