Is Rosie going to be overused soon?

Hey all :slight_smile:

Iam really loving [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] atm. Not short for anything, just [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. While I love it, Iam worrying of it been overused soon. While the popularity of [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] isn’t high, longer forms of [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] are everywhere ([name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] etc). [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] sounds fresh or overdone?

TIA

I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]! To me, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is one of those names that are so classic they could never feel overdone - and by extension, so is [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I’ve actually only met a couple Roses in my life (two that had it as a fn - it’s my own mn and I know plenty of people who also have it as a mn), I feel like I come across a lot more Lilys, Violets and Jasmines these days, so [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] definitely feels fresh to me!

2 Likes

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] sounds fresh! I only know one [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], she’s 19, and her full name is [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]. I actually don’t know any other girls with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in their name except for one [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

1 Like

The fact that it’s related to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] automatically makes me think of it as “too popular”, but now that you mention it… I don’t think I’ve ever met a human called [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] (it’s quite common for dogs here though!) It’s a bit cutesy for my liking, but it is very sweet. Given that I no zero human Rosies, I can’t imagine it being top 10 name tomorrow (so to speak). I think your safe for the moment; though we might see more in maybe the next 5 years as the cutesy, nicknamey names as first names trend grows.

1 Like

I think it will be familiar, but not overdone. More like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] than [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is really common as a middle name- I think to honor many grand/great-grandmothers, and also because it sounds nice paired with a lot of first names. But I haven’t heard anyone using [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a middle name, and it feels fresh, delightful, and somewhat unexpected in the first name spot.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]! To me, it hits that perfect sweet spot of traditional yet fresh, familiar but not overused, feminine but simple. I’ve only ever met one [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and one [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]–and I’ve only seen [name_f]Rose[/name_f] itself used as a middle name. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] did become more popular, I think it’s too classic to ever feel trendy!

1 Like

I feel like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names are usually in tbe middle spot and ive actually hardly encountered them in the first spot. I dont thibk it will become overused

1 Like

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is my favorite name, and I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as well! I think its deceivingly familiar just because it is used so often in the middle name spot. I personally have only met 2 Rosies in my life, one being my grandmother! I think it is definitely still fresh and sweet!

1 Like

It’s very popular here in the UK, so I suspect it will rise in the US too. Probably not as high, as we Brits really love our cute nickname names, but I do think it will rise higher.

Personally, I think it’s nice. Sweet, friendly, cosy. It does feel a bit unexciting to me, but not to the point of feeling “overdone”.

1 Like