Is Sabrina, nn Sara, too much of a stretch???

What do you think - would [name]Sara[/name] work as a nn for [name]Sabrina[/name]?

Yeah I think it is. That being said I love the name [name]Sara[/name] by itself. It’s beautiful.

Yes.

If you’d like to name her [name]Sabrina[/name] and call her [name]Sara[/name], I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. She may have to explain to people that it’s a nickname, not her actual name, but I can’t see any harm in it. If a [name]Penelope[/name] can go by [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Lola[/name], I think anything is possible. :slight_smile:

I can better see [name]Sara[/name]/[name]Sera[/name] as a nickname for [name]Seraphina[/name] or [name]Serena[/name] (reminds me of [name]Sabrina[/name]), so I thought I’d throw those names out there just in case you’re still looking.

Good luck!

I think it works ok, but unless you have a really pressing reason to use the name [name]Sabrina[/name], it seems like it would make more sense to just use [name]Sara[/name].

Thanks for the input! The reason I asked is that my hubby likes the name [name]Sara[/name], but I feel like it’s too popular. I wouldn’t mind it as a nn though. I already suggested [name]Sariah[/name], [name]Serena[/name]/[name]Sarina[/name], but hubby didn’t like any of them, and I don’t care for [name]Seraphina[/name]. (My hubby would NEVER go for that one anyway.) :slight_smile: When I sugested [name]Sabrina[/name] my hubby kind of liked it, and I just thought if we could use [name]Sara[/name] as a nn, he would probably like it even more. [name]Just[/name] a thought… There are several other names we like, I just thought [name]Sabrina[/name] might be a nice way to get his choice of [name]Sara[/name].

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

yes