Is Stella becoming to Trendy?

[name]Do[/name] you Think [name]Stella[/name] is becoming to trendy or popular? I don’t want my soon to be here(due on 3/20) daughter to have a name that will be common.I would not want her to be in a class full of [name]Stella[/name]'s. My name is [name]Tanis[/name] and I loved growing up with a uncommon and unique name!Please Let me know what you think!!!Thanks

Personally, i would consider it a trendy name with a few celebs naming their daughter [name]Stella[/name]. Their have been 3 celb Stellas in the past 2 years. I think this will have been enough for it to gain momentum amongst us mere mortals. However, if you really like it you go for it. If popularity concerns you, and you like other names as much, then go for something different.

[name]Do[/name] you like any other names?

Good luck x

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Stella[/name] is presently #186 (the Social Security rankings for 2009 come out in [name]May[/name], I think), and [name]Julian[/name] (I just saw your other thread) is #61. [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote that [name]Stella[/name] will increase in popularity, which makes sense considering that it’s the name of several celebrity babies. [name]Ella[/name] is #18 and [name]Bella[/name] is #122, and [name]Isabella[/name] is #2, which may or may not be an issue for you.

If [name]Stella[/name] is too popular for you, you may also like [name]Estelle[/name] or [name]Estella[/name], or even [name]Della[/name] or [name]Adela[/name], which are less popular.

Because of [name]Stella[/name]'s meaning, you may like this blog [name]Pam[/name] or [name]Linda[/name] wrote that contains some great celestial names:
https://nameberry.com/blog/2010/02/08/celestial-names-some-heavenly-baby-name-choices/

You may also like [name]Ciel[/name] (see-[name]ELLE[/name]), which is French for sky.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Stella[/name] does feel a little trendy to me, although I’m not exactly sure why. It’s not super popular now, but I could see it gaining popularity. It’s a very pretty name, though, and it doesn’t feel quite as trendy as some other names do.

Yes.

Totally agree, after tori spelling named her daughter that and they have their own show, I see it becoming close to the next bella.