Is tamsin - tammy inevitable?

i’ve recently fallen in love with [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] but i really dislike [name_f]Tammy[/name_f]. is the nn [name_f]Tammy[/name_f] bound to happen?

on another note, what’s everyone’s thoughts on [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] as a stand-alone name & [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] with the nn Sin/Sinny? :))

1 Like

No, I don’t think so. I grew up with a few Tamsins and none of them were shortened to Tammy. I think it’s sweet!

Eta: the ‘sin’ pronunciation isn’t there so I don’t think that nickname works. All the Tamsins I know are tam-zihn.

2 Likes

I don’t think [name_f]Tammy[/name_f] is inevitable, she might get it a few times but I definitely think it’s avoidable. Overall I think [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] is really spunky and sweet! Really pretty name. I definitely don’t like Sin or [name_f]Sinny[/name_f] though cause of the connections to the word sin. I’d go with the similar Sonny/Sunny and [name_u]Sun[/name_u] if you want something similar. [name_m]Ames[/name_m] and [name_f]Amy[/name_f] are some other options too!

i do think they’d get Tammy occasionally, but it can definitely stand alone. although keep in mind that they may end up wanting to go by Tammy

i don’t like Sin or Sinny, as they sound too edgy because of the word sin. i second Night’s suggestion of Sunny & Sun!

1 Like

I knew a [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] who didn’t get Tammy:) it isn’t entirely inevitable as [name_f]Tammy[/name_f] isn’t popular but some might use it

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] is lovely but I wouldn’t want Sin as a nickname.

Honestly, I was kind of confused when I clicked for a second haha. I really don’t associate [name_f]Tammy[/name_f] with [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] even though [name_m]Tam[/name_m] is the first syllable. I don’t think it’s inevitable. I can see maybe some people trying it, but you can always correct them. But if she were to want to go by [name_f]Tammy[/name_f] or is okay with people calling her that, there’s not much you can do.

I love [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]! [name_u]Tommy[/name_u] is my personal favourite nickname.

definitely not !! tamsin’s weirdly popular around me, and none of the tamsins i know get tammy.

i’m not really a fan of tamsin though (just not my style), but i think it could definitely be cute ! sin/sinny feels a bit too trying-to-be-edgy at first glance - maybe zin/zinnie ?